BC Boards

puppyfind.com

Just as a warning, becuase this has happened to many people, pics of people's dogs get stolen and posted on puppy find. Someone stole a pick of one of my females and advertised her as the dam of a litter that was for sale. It took some nasty letters to puppy find to get the add pulled. Friends of mine have had the same problem.

Jen, unfortunately I sure that your friend paid some large green for that pup too. For the cost of that one puppy she could have more than likely gotten two or three from a shelter. Hopefully her new baby with grow up healthy and live a long and happy life, it does happen, my 1st bc was a petstore purchase before I knew about puppymills and petstores fortunately he has the perfect temperment and has never had any major illness. He is 13 and still chugging along.

Sometimes they just have a good day on the assembly line no matter how bad the breeding practices. :rolleyes: It's great when that happens, but the opposite can also happen... I had a client who bought a Yorkie pup via one such site (for $1200, mind you) that came to her with: coccidia, kennel cough, ringworm, a severe overbite and an open fontanelle I could have just about covered with a nickel. The treatments for the ringworm ultimately cost her about $3000 because she, her daughter and her sister, as well as the sister's three dogs, all got it (apparently they had a VERY hard time eradicating it in the people.) The breeder claimed that the coccidia, the ringworm and the kennel cough were the fault of the owner and I had to write several official doctor nastygrams to her explaining that A) the dog was seen within 48 hours of arrival in AK and that didn't allow enough time for those conditions to incubate, hence the dog must have brought them with her, :D ringworm is in any case exceedinly rare in AK EXCEPT in dogs imported from warmer climates, and C) since the overbite and the open fontanelle were genetic traits, those could not possibly be the fault of the new owner, and furthermore could not be acquired from any place except the parents of the dog, and hence from the breeder herself, since it was she who chose that breeding. It was all very aggravating. The dog did eventually recover from all her illnesses (not the overbite, and though the open fontanelle got a lot smaller it never closed entirely), but the client never did get any money back.

Anyway, I hope that doesn't happen to your friends and that they end up with a long and trouble-free life with their puppy.