BC Boards

Colorado Winter Storm

Anda

Shelby and Pete have left and are heading to your place to find the squirrels :rolleyes:

that was a cute Video!! and every time you said

Squirrel shelby and Pete would ever so slightly cock their heads and then look around a little :D:D

Share the SNOW!!!

we are having a gray christmas so far... Icky just fog and frost

It's still snowing this morning!!!

This is what I found this morning on my balcony: (not the dog, he slept in bed with me ). But check out the amount of snow accumulated on those plastic chairs!!! It's scarry!

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

He was more concerned for the safty of his tennis ball, left overnight in the snow :rolleyes:

IMG_0420.jpg

I'll grab my camera on the way out to take Ouzo for the morning walk and try to capture some more of this mind boggling snow!

It is! Check out the second and third pictures of Ouzo getting blasted with snow, you will see it hits him horizontaly! Also, don't forget we had winds up to 40 mph.

This morning the wind seems to be slowing, so maybe we'll see some normal, vertical snow, for your own pleasure

We're snowed in as bad as it gets. No cars can get anywhere. Here's a shot of our street, which is usualy pretty busy. It's kindda eery feeling, total silence and no human beings in sight (I did find few poor souls trying to shovle the snow)

IMG_0422.jpg

Parking lot

IMG_0428.jpg

Our own Chevy Trailblazer, covered in a thick blanket of snow - Ouzo wanting to inspect it and make sure his personal dog park transportation vehicle is all right!

IMG_0442.jpg

Someone cleared the walkway this morning (those mounds on the right are cars)

IMG_0439.jpg

Snow IS fun, Ouzo suddently agrees with Kessie (still doesn't understand her passion for snowballs, maybe that comes with age )

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Let's go for a snow swim!

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

And another video of my snow swimmer. The sound on my computer is messed up, so I cannot tell if I'm making any embarrassing noises, giggles, etc. Advanced appologies if I do! Ouzo was happy to see other canine souls outside, although they were kind of 1/2 souls, given their size. Regardless, my dog didn't even make fun of their ridiculous winter coats. He just kept yapping to entice them to play and swim in the snow!

th_MVI_0434.jpg

Anda, I love your pictures and especially your videos. Ouzo looks like he is having so much fun plowing/swimming through all that deep snow. And your narration and laughter is heart-warming.

Take all that snow, put it on a 35-degree hill and we would have powder skiing to die for! In my younger days I did that skiing on the Alta Utah ski patrol. Now I am very happy to have NO SNOW here in Baltimore. But I sure like seeing your pictures.

Hector

-------------

The best things in life are furry.

Bailey - 3yo BC/Sighthound-X

Sadie - 10yo Sheltie-X

Skiziks - 9-mo Border-Kitty

Snow IS fun, Ouzo suddently agrees with Kessie (still doesn't understand her passion for snowballs, maybe that comes with age)
Nope :rolleyes: . The earliest digital Kessie pictures I have already show her nerding out on snowballs :D .

I'm kind of jealous now (maybe not so jealous about digging out the cars...)! We often get that much snow, or more, but not often all at once in one day, so even if I'm in it to my hips, Kessie will find some older, harder surface to comfortably walk on. If I don't throw a snowball into a deep drift and she jumps in after it, she hardly ever really disappears in it. Shame.

Loved the video, but I was VERY disappointed when those winter coat wearers didn't join Ouzo in the deep stuff!

Thank you for sharing these great photos!! They are mind-boggling for those of us who rarely see snow. Watching the news is one thing, but seeing these home pixs up close and personal is great. BTW, after bragging last night about our 58 degree weather, our latest forecast is calling for snow flurries sometime early next week. We usually get just enough to lightly cover the lawn. Haven't had a monster storm here since mid-1970's.

It's snowing here in Wyoming now. We have about three inches so far but we're supposed to six to twelve by the morning. Black Jack loves the snow so far. He jumps in all the drifts and eats all the snow he can fit in his mouth at one time! It's the first time since I got him that it has snowed very much so it's fun to play with him in it.

I hope we don't get as much as Colorado though.