BC Boards

Diaz Ranch results?

tumblehome

I know Kathy Hoffer won the Open and Suzy Applegate was second. Don't remember the rest of the placings but I was 7th which earned me a whopping .6 points! It was a fun trial, the grass was green and the sun was shining. Rusty said he would be putting up the results on NCWSA so just keep checking.

Geri

I know Kathy Hoffer won the Open and Suzy Applegate was second. Don't remember the rest of the placings but I was 7th which earned me a whopping .6 points! It was a fun trial, the grass was green and the sun was shining. Rusty said he would be putting up the results on NCWSA so just keep checking.

Geri

Thanks, Geri, and congrats! Suzy placed 7th at the second Zamora trial and look what happened.

Chris O

Thanks, Geri, and congrats! Suzy placed 7th at the second Zamora trial and look what happened.

Chris O

Ok, I'll bite--what happened?

I was at Diaz the second day and Allison Rhue won the Pro/Novice, but I do not recall the dog's name. Bonnie Richardson with Nessa won the Novice class.

Chris O

Ok, I'll bite--what happened?

I was at Diaz the second day and Allison Rhue won the Pro/Novice, but I do not recall the dog's name. Bonnie Richardson with Nessa won the Novice class.

Thank you!

What happened was, Suzy placed 7th and then went on to win Diaz. So Geri, after placing 7th at Diaz can--dog willing and the creek don't rise--reasonably expect to win her next trial. Makes sense to me.

Chris O

What happened was, Suzy placed 7th and then went on to win Diaz. So Geri, after placing 7th at Diaz can--dog willing and the creek don't rise--reasonably expect to win her next trial. Makes sense to me.

Chris O

I see. Actually Suzy won the first day at Zamora with Hap and was 7th with him the second section of the trial, winning the overall with him. The dog she was 2nd with at Diaz is Will. I try to watch them when I can because my dog is by Hap and also a 1/2 sister to Will ( same dam). Both Hap and Will are really nice dogs.

Chris O

Chris,

I think you have a good point there. As a novice I am sure my assessments might be wrong much of the time, but it seems to me when I watch these tough Open trials that it is possible for anyone of many to jump up and win it. So many good handlers and so much luck of the draw , and it seems that out there the action changes quickly. I would guess that's one resaon it is so appealing to so many! For me , being in an Open trial is still a long off dream.

Chris, thanks for the vote of confidence but reasonably expect to win my next open trial- obviously you haven't seen me run! :-) I did pay close attention to how Suzy ran Will at Diaz's as my new bitch is fast and pushy like Will. Hopefully I learned something from watching her. She makes it look so easy!

Geri

Chris, thanks for the vote of confidence but reasonably expect to win my next open trial- obviously you haven't seen me run! :-) I did pay close attention to how Suzy ran Will at Diaz's as my new bitch is fast and pushy like Will. Hopefully I learned something from watching her. She makes it look so easy!

Geri

Geri, it was more a vote of confidence for hope springing eternal but I have no doubt you will prevail. It is a education, watching Suzy. But then, watching any of you with your wonderful dogs is an education.

Chris O

No, I won it two or three years ago with Ted, but it was a small class. I think Ted is trying to officially retire himself as I laid him up for a few weeks with a torn muscle and now the dog that has always been the perfect listener is ignoring me half the time. Don't you hate it when they get old???