BC Boards

In Memory of Kody

M.L.

kodyweb2.jpg

Kody was only with me for two short years. He was my own first dog, and I bought him from a breeder when I was 19, before I knew any better. One night he went to get off of the bed in the middle of the night, and he landed on his face. He couldn't use his front legs at all. He began to pant and struggle to get up. He lost bladder control, and began throwing up blood. I was terrified. I called a friend and we immediately rushed Kody to the emergency room. He didn't make it. He went into cardiac arrest and had a heart attack. I'll never know what caused his death for sure, the vet thought that he probably had a genetic defect with his heart. He is resting in peace, buried at his favorite farm, where he loved to play with the sheep. He would run up to them, lick them on the nose, and then take off. The sheep would then engage him in a game of chase. He was my buddy. So calm and loving. I miss our long, peaceful walks along the river back in New Jersey. I have never been so angry in my life, as I was on the night that I lost him. Coming from a dysfunctional family, he was my constant companion, and I really believe that without him by my side I wouldn't have gotten through some of the things I went through. Might be strange to say about a dog, but he gave me strength to carry on and not give up when that's really what I felt like doing. I miss him every day, and it has been years since he passed away.

Look not where I was * For I am not there * My spirit is free * I am everywhere * In the air that you breathe * In the sounds that you hear * Don't cry for me * My spirit is near * I'll watch for you * From the other side * I'll be the one running * New friends by my side * Smile at my memory * Remember in your heart * This isn't the end * It's a brand new start

• 3 weeks later...