BC Boards

O/T - Great News!!

:D Well, some of you know my brother was sent to Afganistan with the Nat'l Guard in February of last year after 6 months being in Fort Hood, TX. He's finally back in the United States after delays and bad weather. He isnt home in Boise yet, but should be at the end of the week. :D It's really scary having relatives, friends, even people I dont know over there. I just wanted to share my happy news, that he's back and safe.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on care packages and prayers. :rolleyes: I wish everyone elses relatives and friends involved in this well.

post-5620-1171858665_thumb.jpg

That's great news! I bet you can't wait to see him again. Tell him thanks from me. We appreciate them SO much for what they're doing over there.

I cant wait to see him. We're planning on goin to the homecoming. It will be exciting to see all the soldiers get off the plane. I'll probably cry like a little girl lol. Any ideas on what I could bring him there? Think flowers are too girly? I'd like something that wouldnt embarass him lol....Wait though he is my brother and he was mean to me growing up lol :rolleyes:

I say go for the embarrassment - I have an older brother too, brings me joy to torture the bugger. However much missed foods are always the key the men around my life :rolleyes: . I'm so glad he's home and safe!

I'm not a crier by nature, but every veterans day at the school program when I see men younger then me (I'm 32) listed as veterans, thinking what all of them (not just the young ones) have risked -- tears start running.

thanks him for us too

--Denise

Nothing is better than when they come home!

My daughter was there last year. Gone for almost 2 years. She's home safe now, and her time is almost up in the Guard. She will re-up but not have to go again.

Ya know, I didn't worry till after she came home. Guess that was my way of dealing with the situation.

So glad your brother is back in the states safe and sound.

Tell him thanks from us!

Kristen

Thanks everyone!! I will relay the Thank you's. He re-enlisted last year while he was there. He is going to officer school then to flight school. He wants to fly the Apache helicopters. His current job was being a mechanic on them, so it wouldnt be a huge leap to figure he'd like to fly them lol

Red, white & blue carnations- Bet he'd love that!!! Tell him thank you for me, too. My nephew was there last year. I didn't know you lived in Boise- me, too!!!

LOL!! We've emailed each other lol. Im the one who lives in Mountain Home lol. :rolleyes: No worries though, I get people on here confused a lot! lol My brother lives in Boise though :D I LOVE the idea of red, white and blue carnations

Holy cow!! I called the flower shop here. For just a dozen (4 of each color) red white and blue carnations it is $42!!!! I remember 10 years ago in high school I could get a carnation for 2 bucks each!! Is this really the normal prize for 12 carnations? lol :rolleyes:

Glad he is home safe. I have a deep feeling of appreciation for those who serve in the US Military. They are the reason we have our freedom today.

Yipes, that is a lot of money for the flowers. Hmmm, I wonder if he might rather have an equal value in Filet Mignon -- tenderloin steak? Flowers are beautiful but steak tastes really good. Just a thought -- ignore it if it sounds dumb.