BC Boards

Question on building a kennel

PartnersPal

Kerry, it has some inch or so long pieces in it, but it mostly crushed. My dogs are working dogs so maybe that is why they have not had problems, but you are right to put out all possible warnings. Like I stated earlier that some dogs might eat river pebbles... because it was an experience I had to deal with.

I live in an area that gets hot (over 100F at various points during the summer) and the stall mats are no worse than cement...maybe better. In any event, the dogs need adequate shade...I have a roof and shade cloth for protection. I also bought misters that I want to install before this summer's heat. I'm sure the dogs will appreciate it. Beating sun would be a problem for any dog on any type of flooring.

Wobin,

Could it be that things are a LITTLE HECTIC for you? You will overcome. Make Sam say, "it will be all right Robin" She owes you about 1,000,000,000 of them.

Seriously, I do love my mats. If my husband Jim can cut them, any one can. They are 5x8 and four of them fit nicely across my 20 ft. kennel. Line the floor with them before putting the kennel in and you will have a lot less cutting.

Hey, Christine-----

I had a little puppy weirdo eat crushed stone too.

I guess it can be pretty expensive if it doesn't pass and worrisome until it does.

Crushed stones can also be hazardous to dumb toddlers. I remember when my oldest stuck a stone up her nose and it got stuck. (She takes after her father.) Doctor got it out with instraments and lots of screaming. (Mom and child)

Here's a hint for moving the stall mats around as they are REALLY heavy.

I have used vice grips if I am alone and trying to struggle with them--or if you have two people, you can run a 2X4 under the mat-one person on each end of the board can pick up the mat.