BC Boards

Another informal poll: where do your dogs live, kennel, house or other?

I have 3 dogs. The puppy sleeps in the crate at night (if you can call what he does sleep), and the other 2 sleep in the bed. The pup will get to sleep in the bed when he learns to chill. All dogs inside dogs. When we were in a townhouse we didnt have much yard so outside had to be supervised and now the dogs don't know how to be outside alone which is fine with me. When we had Charlotte all dogs slept in the bed and my poor husband would just get up and go to the back room. Hey more room for me in the bed that way.

My dogs do flyball except the puppy of course. My acd excels. My poodle has his moments. I don't believe in the whole letting them sleep on the bed makes them my equal. I like having them in bed keeping me warm.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum. let me see....Tess, my main Open dog, sleeps with her head on MY PILLOW and all stretched out next to me. If I happen to leave the bed, she then moves her body on top of the pillow and looks at me "well, you snooze, you loose" I tell her to move, and she gives me a deep, heavy sigh and moves back as before.

Zot, ProNovice gal, sleeps at the foot of the bed. Shiro, the old gal sleep most of the night on the bed then moves to her bed on the floor.

Koko, is a bed hog like her mother, Tess. Faye (aka Fifi) the 5 month pup, sleep b/w the spouse and I.

Mick, when allowed will sleep next to me on the floor. He finally has settled down from keeping us awake all night.

Kane, Harpo and Becca sleep in the crates. They are too busy at night to let anyone sleep.

Bonnie was just sold and no doubt enjoying sleeping next to her new mom.

Doe having them sleep on the bed make any difference? Tess and I have a very close bond and I think it has made a big difference.

With Mick, I think it doesn't matter one way or the other.

I actually think it depends on the dog.

Diane

Shiro, Tess, Zot, Koko, Becca, Fifi, Mick, Kane, Harpo

I live in a detached 2br house with about 60'X30' of yard enclosed by a tile fence ( 5' cinderblock wall) inside are a grape arbor,some soapberry bushes, and a Pecan tree. Baby is La Se?ora Del Corral,to cross her kingdom to get to the well, or the laundry you must pay a toll. lol Being unemployed at the moment I spend lots of time with her. LET THIS BLACK AND WHITE TORNADO IN THE HOUSE? Wife says no and for the moment I agree. When things settle down--when I start getting disability pension,, we'll see. Her pesonality at this time is 90 mph-35 lb bull in china shop. If I can locate a trainer I've heard of this may change, but for now I go out to her rather then her coming inside. I am still learning about BC in general and Baby in particular. She won't fetch when I'm there, but drags large, improbable objects (Bar-B-Que grill,firewood,etc) around if I'm not looking. There are several working ranches just south of here but they work blue heelers. Would it be a good or bad idea to run her with them?

LIVE YOUR LIFE IN SUCH A WAY, THE PREACHER DOESN'T HAVE TO LIE AT YOUR FUNERAL