BC Boards

Farewell Buddy

AK dog doc

Our condolences at this time. Ben sends a big dish of virtual spinach dip your way. I just had some the other night and was thinking of you and Buddy.

As to your new pursuit, I often find working with the sheep an excellent time for meditation.

"Comfort ye, comfort ye my people . . .

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd:

He shall gather the lambs with his arm,

And carry them in his bosom,

And shall gently lead those that are with young."

Is. 40:1, 11

AK dog doc,

I am so sorry to learn of your loss. I too helped 4 of my loves over the bridge in the last 5 yrs. Please take heart in knowing that God has a new blue angel,and will send you peace, and joy in time. I have always believed there is a special place in heaven for all vets.

Kassie and I send wet noses and lots of lap licks. Our thoughts will be with you.

Kassies mom

Lynn

Losing a furry best friend is indeed a difficult experience. You have my sympathy and best wishes. The only way to never have to experience such a loss is to never have a furry friend. That is not a good choice. I was age 49 when I got my first dog. I missed so much by not having a dog for all those years.

A life well lived is the greatest gift one can give the world.

Thank you for giving Buddy such a great life and he thanks you for letting him pass on to the next world in such a peaceful way.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Buddy.

Kristen

AK Dog Doc,

Take comfort in knowing that the huge hole Buddy has left in your heart will eventually be filled with happy memories of him and your time together. And you will see him again, both of you happy, healthy, and whole, for what is heaven if not the place where you will once again have all those things you cherished the most?

J.

Hi Ak dog doc,

I have been thinking of you alot, since I hadn't seen you reply to any board topics I wondered if you were busy with Buddy. I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you. My dog Buddy has cancer of the pancreas. We have a special relationship as I'm sure most of us on this board do. Just because BC's are wonderful dogs.

I just wanted to let you know I feel some of your pain.

Take care!

Gee, Doc, I am awful sorry.

Thank you for including all of us in your journey through Buddy's illness, and for letting us know that he has passed. I send you a smile and a prayer that you will meet up again with Buddy on the Rainbow Bridge.

AK Dog Doc, sorry to all of you from all of us, as D'elle mentioned, remember the rainbow bridge. Tia sends a mournful look and gentle ear sniffs.

You were very strong and devoted to help Buddy the way you did.

Sally

Thanks, everyone. To be honest, all the well-wishes and kind thoughts have really made a difference. It's really kept me focused on how great it was to have Buddy (and reminded me to remember all the ways he's still with me) instead of thinking sad thoughts. It IS a hard thing to do, to make the decision to end the life of a good friend, no matter how much we know we're ending their suffereing; everyone here either has or someday will face that decision, unfortunately. I hope you all recieve as much kindness at that sad time as I have from you.