BC Boards

Thanks from Buddy and I

AK dog doc

Hi gang

This is a thank-you to all who have sent good thoughts, kind wishes, prayers, jokes, doggy hugs, get-well recipes and any and all positive thoughts Buddy's way (and mine!), posted or otherwise, since he got sick. He's doing great right now, and that whole thing where he gets to eat canned food as often as he wants all day every day isn't hurting his feelings any. Especially because none of the other dogs get to share. He thinks it's just his special treat (little does he know it's a prescription diet, nor does he appear to recall that meatballs contain medication.)

Anyway, I thought you might like to see what the little guy looks like....

buddy-1.jpg

(Buddy looking sultry)

buddy-2.jpg

(When I mention the blue merle part, I really mean BLUE merle...)

Anyway, I hope these post okay, or else I'll have to bug poor Eileen again for help.

Thanks again for all the moral support. Buddy thanks you too, with delicate little butterfly doggie-kisses (he's not much for the big uncouth slobber, our Buddy.)

[ 05-18-2004, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Eileen Stein ]

Thanks for posting those pics of the Budster! He's gorgeous, and that's a very sultry look indeed in the first one. I hope he continues to do well. Glad you posted, I've been wondering how you were doing.

Give him an ear scratch from me, and my guys all send a big BAAARRRROOOO!

Ruth n the Border Trio

Samantha - Scratch my butt, please

Shoshone - If you're lucky, you may be allowed to touch me

Buzz - Where's my cat?

I apparently missed the details boat somewhere along the way, but please let me add my {{HUGS}} and well wishes to you and (wow-he's beautiful... in a manly dog sort of way, of course.) Buddy. Hope that whatever the situation you both come through it with flying colors!!

Bri

I missed the details too but couldn't resist such a lovely. Well, yes, that is the bluest BC I have ever seen. Do you think he might like a little lady like kissy, like a little side on smoochy? If so pass two on, one from me and one from little Miss Tia.

xx

Sally

Thanks you, yes, Buddy would love the hugs and kisses and ear scratches and other sundry greetings. :rolleyes: To answer the (indirect) question about Buddy, he had a ruptured intestinal sarcoma removed a few weeks ago, which was read out as one of a couple of different possible types of cancer (the pathologist wasn't quite sure. This is usually not so good.... it tends to mean that the cells are very undifferentiated, which often goes with more agressive malignancies.) The details are in the health and genetics section, under a thread called "cerebellar abiotrophy" (in part) and one called "Buddy update", if you want them. At any rate, he's busily defying the usual course of such things, for which I am grateful. The books say one thing, but evidently Buddy didn't read those books, because he's not doing what they say. Yay!

And thanks for saying he's gorgeous... *I* really think he is, but of course, I'm quite obviously besotted with my dogs, so I'm a poor judge.

He is gorgeous! And quite serene looking in your photos.

Oreo and I send Oreo's favorite expression of love to Buddy, which is "scratchy butt" (you know, scratching that little dented area right over the tail).

Take care, good to hear from you.

I've never seen a dog that looks like that. He truly is one beautiful specimen! (You can use the word "handsome" if he cares. :rolleyes: )

Glad to hear he is doing better and I hope he doesn't pick up any of those books to read!

Betsy

He is gorgeous! I especially love his two-tone ears! Please drop a kiss on the velvet part of his nose (you know, just where the leather stops & before the fur & whiskers begin) from me, and Spike sends him a manly tail-wag. Long may he continue to be well.

Liz & the Captain xxx

Buddy is beautiful, and looking quite well. Love the true blue of his Merle markings. Glad to see he is so peaceful. Spoiling him with canned food, and whatever he wants to eat oviously agrees with him :rolleyes:

Andrea D.

P.S

When your kissing him for Spikes B, you can add a little kiss on the side of his nose where the whiskers flick backwards when he yawns.

What a distinguished looking fellow Buddy is, Doc. Fergus says can he have a blue rinse too please! Fergus and Kirra send down-under woofs to Buddy (well, in Kirra?s case it?s more of a yodel) and say they hope he continues to defy those books. Between the books and the can labels, it?s really just as well Buddy hasn?t bothered to learn to read. But it?s hard to find time to read when you?re busy being adored, I guess. Continued good wishes to you all, there.

NOBODY seems ever to have seen anything that looks like Buddy (though after I came back from Africa I called him "Jackal Boy" for weeks, because he DOES bear a slight resemblance to the silver-backed jackals). I always wondered if his littermates looked like him. For that matter, I always wondered what Buddy looked like as a puppy (since he was a rescue, I have no idea). Picture those big bat ears on a puppy.... Although I'm with Liz, I love his ears.

Alas, I have no recipe for the blue rinse. It's the effect of the shade (morning in the back yard, which is on the west side of the house). It's too bad, though... I do rather like the look, but I think it takes special lighting to produce it.

Buddy loved all the kisses and scratchies. I swear he was blushing. :rolleyes: (BTW, Tassie, a friend of mine also thinks B-boy is "distinguished"... she says he reminds her of Cary Grant. Maybe after he started going silver...? I didn't quite get this, I admit.)

>

I see it! Around the eyes.

But then, someone once remarked that one of my puppies looked like Beethoven. I stared and stared at the pup, and eventually fancied I saw a resemblance. When she returned to the subject later, however, it became apparent she wasn't talking about the composer at all . . .

Hmmm, you know, Eileen, I think you're right - it's in that sultry look. It's kind of ironic, actually... I love old movies, and Cary Grant was always one of my faves. Along with Jimmy Stewart (whose "aw shucks" thing Buddy does daily), Gene Kelley (and while Buddy may not have BC movement, he DOES have speed and grace and a certain astonishing springiness), and Humphrey Bogart (who happens to be the second cousin umpty-ump times removed of Buddy's original owner.) Plus there have been the thrills and chills of Hitchcock in this whole saga. So maybe he's just catering to my thing for old movies... which might be good, since there's usually a happy ending...