BC Boards

USBCHA membership!

juliepoudrier

Do you pay for this year for points to count next year, or is it retroactive? Ie, do I pay now or after the first for membership next year? I'm a little fuzzy on that point since it's been so long since I've run in a sanctioned trial.

I suppose I could e-mail Frances but I'm sure she's outrageously busy.

I think you are right.

My understanding is that qualification runs until July, or something. But you can't get any points after Jan. 1 if you aren't a member. It's hard to say for sure because the USBCHA website does not seem to address this in sufficient detail.

Very confusing!

It would be nice to synchronize the qualifying and membership periods and, in any case, make things explicit on the website.

Somebody big and powerful - maybe even with a mustache and a Texas drawl - might be able to fix this.

charlie

Yep, my understanding is that the membership year is from Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. So any points I garnered between Aug. 1 and Dec. 31 would still count, but if I forgot to send in my dues, any points I "gained" after Jan. 1 wouldn't count, and I couldn't get any more points until the point at which my dues were paid (not a problem if you don't plan to attend your first trial till May, for example, and so pay your dues sometime in April, but since you don't get any proration of dues there's really no reason to wait).

So Becca, if you wanted to, say, run in nursery to qualify for the '07 finals, you would need to pay dues by Jan. 1. If however, you weren't planning to try to qualify for nursery until '08, you wouldn't really *need* to pay dues until Jul. 31, though you'd pay the same amount of $$ for only half a year's worth of membership benefits....

I could be entirely wrong though.

J.

That makes sense, thanks, though neither of you is mustacio'd and Julie certainly is lacking in that Texas drawl. I will update my membership immediately since you never know what may happen.

Guest herbertholmes

Sounds like you are all confused, But the finals assesment of the dues paying year is correct, Jan 1 thru dec 31. One of the reasons we did not change the dues paying "year" to correspond with the point earning time frame is that we have two different point time tables, one for cattle, one for sheep, so we could not match both. However, the dates were different in the past, closer to the sheep Q dates, and people still missed the points cause they did not pay. Most cases were because their dog ate the check after they mailed it in a snow storm that the bank lost the records of after francis lost it after her mail man lost a whole bag of mail after he fell in a ditch so we should give them their points anyway cause their friends second cousin is a lawyer and will be happy to sue an organization with no money run by people with less than that!!!!

So, bucket boy, no matter what excuse you are conjuring up, the previusly alluded too check losing mrs raley has heard it before.... your mustachiod friend hmh

Well, Chester doesn't have the 'stash, but he DOES have the drawl, and Herbert has the 'stash, so...thanks, Herbert for setting this straight, AND for pointing out that there are two diffrerent dates. I know most of you sheep folk probably don't pay attention to the cattle stuff, but it's important to our little minority :rolleyes:) Anyway, pay your dues by Jan. 1 and we'r eall good...and Bucket Boy, get 'yer dancin' shoes READY!!!

A

It's a conspiracy Bill. We should look into it. Get out your tin foil hat.

Merry Christmas!

Rebecca - So my problem is that I'm not wearing my tin foil hat when I'm running my dog? Who could have guessed that our problems could be dealt with so easily?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, and to all the good dogs!

What was that Nancy OberneighNeigh??? I cant hear youuuuuuu.... Did you get a lump of coal in your stocking? I can only imagine!

Bill,

I know what has happened to your points, they gave them to Nancy O, who doesnt need them anyway (I mean really did you see ALL THOSE POINTS???)..a conspiracy to be sure...! The nerve of that Neigh Neigh anyway!

Hi Becca,

I understand the need to avoid mind control while at the post. I believe that's my central problem -- my brain is controlled by outside agents. As proof of this, I offer up the fact that my best trial runs have come at Carol Campion's farm. As anyone who has tried to use a cell phone there can tell you, very few radio signals get in and out of there.

I was considering wearing a tin foil hat to the post for a few runs and seeing if it would help. However, there's a recent study from MIT that shows that wearing a tin foil hat, more correctly called an Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie, may actually increase the government's ability to both read and control your thoughts. The authors of the study speculate that the government itself may have started the AFDB craze intentionally to improve its reach into particularly interesting members of the fringe community.

Read the full study at http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

So I guess I'm just not sure what I should do.

Hey, as some of you know (and all of you will know now) is that I, yes, I, WORK for the Gov't.....the FEDERAL side....the dearly beloved FEDERAL side and on this day, we are offering Tin Foil hats to anyone....

And since we are on the subject of whether we (gov't) can control your thought and read your mind.....all TRUE!!

Why, I was just wearing my TIN FOIL hat at the last trial and someone (Obviously not me) ACTUALLY gave my dog the CORRECT commands which caused him to win an Open Class.....whomever was at the helm of my Tin Foil hat running my brain ---I bless thee---

So we have two type of hats available:

General All purpose Tin foils hats

Trial hats (limited supply)

Have a nice day,

The Fed-head

Oh, Diane, please! Could you send me the Sheepdog/Cattledog Trial Model Tin Foil Hat that makes you give the correct commands? And one for my dog that will make him take the correct commands (and maybe even avoid the incorrect ones)? Would these work at home in the farm situation, as well? I do not need the General Purpose Tin Foil hat as no one in their right mind would care to read my thoughts.

If you do, I will love you and the Federal Government forever and ever!

By the way, I sent in my dues early so I wouldn't miss out on the points I'd never earn anyway because I haven't yet made it out of Novice. But I feel self-righteous about paying them and doing it before the start of the dues year. Whatever makes you happy...

If I'm not mistaken, concrete interrupts the bands in question. So I expect to see you at the next trial (not at Carol Campion's) sporting a concrete hat. Not to be confused with concrete shoes, which I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Slainte mhor this holiday season!