BC Boards

Cardio Trial Course - time and points

PennyT

Object: Cardio work-out handler, sheep, puppies.

Trained dog to help optional but useful.

Course: Handler starts inside after shower wrapped in towel. Course director opens kennel door and lets out puppies. Then goes inside and announces, "The puppies are out." This is something like the starting bell or pistol shot.

Handler may dress and find shoes and glasses and leashes or simply proceed with course wrapped in towel or in towel, shoes, glasses and with leashes in hand.

Handler then runs around 25 or so acres trying to call puppies. When one puppy comes off, the others take the sheep farther away. Stop to catch breath and observe flanks on most keen pirate puppy. Run screaming damnit. Stop screaming, bend over, catch breath. Rewrap towel.

Failing to get leashes doesn't really save any time.

Penny

Interesting course description, however I think you will not get many entries due to the dress code. However, is there a handlers tent that ensures total view of the entire course? I would drive many miles to have the opportunity to watch certain handlers run on this course. :rolleyes::D:D

I forgot to mention that if you choose not to yell at puppies (wouldn't want them to think we don't like working), you get to yell at the smug, gloating course director who is laughing from the front porch. The front porch provides a marvelous view as does the road.