BC Boards

Belle

Shoofly

Belle, you introduced me to Robin, a wonderful gal that became a great pal to me. I know you love her and know she loves you, so, Belle.... whatever to day brings know that a lot of us handlers have great respect for you and all you have done in your life. Melinda and her dog from the begining Pat.

Just talked to the vet and nothing very obvious is showing up. May be her ehrlichia flaring up. Keep your fingers crossed the IV antibiotics knock it down. She felt lousy thursday, then was great over the weekend and playing and swimming, then yucky again today.

Yuck, ehrlichia flares - been there - got a few tee-shirts to spare if you want one. Watch her kidney levels - that can sneak up on you the longer you deal with this.

Best wishes to Belle!

BTW, I am very relieved though sorry to hear she's ill. I saw the simple subject line "belle" and thought the worst - "Oh, no, it would just be too heartbreaking to hear of another one. . . "

So I'm on this 486, and had to wait while it choked and sputtered and threatened to expire after every java line it didn't recognize, and I'm sweating . . . .whew.

Definitely keep us posted!

So far, as of 1:30 today her temp is still not coming down. The vet is adding baytril to the doxycycline to see if it'll help. Tick titre actually wasn't that high on thursday so this is a pretty mystifying thing going on. Blood panel looked pretty okay thursday and today, white count gone up just a hair since thursday. Spleen and liver were mildley enlarged but nothing like the first bout with ehrlichia 2 years ago. Xray didn't show any obvious masses. I'm hoping the 4:00 temp check shows a drop.

She felt great over the weekend, running around and swimming with the other dogs. Bleah.

Hi Robin,

Hope that Belle is still doing well.

I think evidently that there must be some people on the boards with a great direct line to Heaven and it never gets disconnected!

Hi Melinda,

Didn't get a chance to visit much at the Bluegrass. We must rectify that in the near future.

Terry

Thanks everybody for the good wishes and prayers.

Belle seems better this morning. Her temp went back up when i got her home last night to 104.5 but then started slowly (too slowly!) coming down. This morning it was at 101.3 so lots of improvement there. She's still not really herself, feeling kind of draggy, but she definitely is doing better. She's back at the vet today having more fluids and being monitored. Her appetite has stayed pretty okay but of course i'm spoiling her with good stuff too. I hope the temp stays down and she keeps improving. I'll feel a lot better when she perks up more.

Hug all of your old dogs for me and Belle!

Thanks Eileen and everyone else.

The wednesday Belle report -- Temp is down and has stayed down for the last 36 hours. She felt pretty good when i first got her home last night. Later in the evening she seemed a little draggy and still is this morning. I hope she returns to her perky self soon. Today's her 12th birthday and i'm hoping she gives *me* a present when i get home and is feeling all better. I'm missing her jaunty little trot.