BC Boards

Ok Robin will laugh at me but....

tucknjill

Sam

Your new place looks fantastic for working sheep or Robin can doctor a picture better than anyone.

I will definitely be at your trial next year....come a month early and stay a month after.

(Lyle may not be able to stay that long because she will miss Matt but I will leave Jim a case of hot dogs and freeze a bunch of buns so they will stay fresh as any good wife should)

By the way, I put the high tensil fence in about 4 years ago. It has withstood the Michigan ice and snow, a bizillion (more than a million) deer have not been able to down it and although a couple of sheep have not fared well when hitting it a a dead run, the fence still stands tall and unscathed. I can even turn the dogs out in the field and they cannot escape. My neighbors love it too. (My sheep don't visit them anymore and leave "tracks" on their sidewalks.)

Sam,

how ya doin? Ya hangin in there?

Renee and I got home Friday night ran some errands Saturday then got to see Katie on Sunday. We worked Starr, Rae, Peg, & Jody while down there. Peg looked great and Jody looked good. Renee had fun gathering about 300 lambs off the trial field with Rae; Starr needed help to get out there. I really wanted to do it with Peg, but passed till I was more confident with her listening to me that far away.

Mark

Hi Mark, so I assume you are trying the pup and are renaming her Bette? Good job! That is one of the "Spink" pups right? I saw Moss, Mick, Tess and Zac this past weekend at Sam's. All nice pups! I have to say that Zac is still my fave because he is so darn cute and how he works reminds me of Tweed. Tess, however, has her light on already and I think she's going to be Robin's next star.

I picked up my new puppy, Ada, last night. Marianna was very kind to bring her to me from Dawn Boyce's trial in GA and I met her at the Lovingston Cafe last night. I will send pics of Ada soon. She is THE cutest puppy... she may even rival the adorable Roy-boy when he was a babe! You gotta love those freckles!

Bette is one the the Bess pups (7 weeks old) and she's Renee's. Renee decided to take her based upon her temperament and how she has liked Bess and her littermates. Renee would also say, this way everyone should be able to tell which of her dogs she's running. Bette does not look like Renee's other dogs. Sam, Renee would also say that thanks to Libby she has gotten used to one blue eye. :eek: Bette won Renee over with her very sweet personality; she may become another momma's girl.

Bette: rough-coated, tri with a split-face and a blue eye on the black side of her face. The ear on the white side of her face will be black or heavily ticked and she has a mostly black body. She does have the head shape Renee likes.

I'm not sure how Tommy feels about Katie, he didn't say. Based on what we saw, she was more interested in driving than gathering.

Mark

Congrats!! They were cuties, I saw them a few weeks ago when I was up there....How can you not love the one blue eye? I dont know how, but I have ended up with three...go figure?

Got loan pre approval today, if we can just make it thru the appraisal....ughhhhhhh scared sam! We should know in about 10 days if we have to jump thru hoops like we did when we bought this place....

Originally posted by tucknjill:

Got loan pre approval today, if we can just make it thru the appraisal....ughhhhhhh scared sam! We should know in about 10 days if we have to jump thru hoops like we did when we bought this place....

I don't understand why there would be a problem with the appraisal? You can get on line with Vamanet and see what it appraised for last year.

I am sure with you folks this won't hijack your thread Sam, but I am in the process of getting a fence contractor and would love to know a bit more about Terry's fence. I have posted on another board and got some information but I don't think she is on that board. So , Terry, or anyone, who is using high tensile, feel free to chime in and tell me what kind and such.

thanks,

Caroline