BC Boards

Ok Robin will laugh at me but....

tucknjill

Sam,

There appears to be fencing there. Are you sure you are buying the right place?

Is that next month February for the move? Not much time to worry about it.

Congratualtions!!!!! It looks wonderful!!!

Nancy O

ps I can always wield a brush if you need help.

Sam,

Renee & I have mixed feelings about you move to such a nice place. We're jealous, but I must say I'm happy knowing I no longer have a trial where we have to run through Fredericksburg and down I95. :rolleyes:

After doing ALL the painting in our house Renee and I rarely pick up a brush or roller, but for you we may make an exception. BTW I have a sprayer if you're interested.

Mark

Hell, dont be jealous, just come and work dogs more! Sides, bet you wont be jealous when all I have time to do is mow grass this summer!

Man I am not gonna have to lift a single brush with all these offers of help, you guys are great..

Nancy O,

That fence is coming down, it just is a decorative fence running down the sides and in front of the house...I am meeting contractors this Fri to get estimates..anyone know anything abou the new high tensile woven wire? Is it any good?

Originally posted by tucknjill:

anyone know anything abou the new high tensile woven wire? Is it any good?

Sam, I have that high-tensile woven wire fencing at my place. It was a bit more expensive, but well worth it in the long run. It is harder to break and if it is installed properly - allows for more give. I have had sheep run into it and bounce right off with no harm to the fence (or the sheep). Then again, I have had a sheep crash head first into the fence and sliced her face open. When the wire is nailed to the post, the u-nails should not be nailed in all the way to allow for give to the fence.

The guy that did my fencing is wonderful and if you are in need of a fencer, I can give you his name and number. He drives the posts into the ground with a big machine and no concrete is used (which causes the posts to rot). I doubt he could get it done before next month though. If you want to look at the fencing, just go over to my place whether I am there or not. It is on your way to your new farm, right off 15 (do you remember?).

Hi Sam,

I knew there was something wrong with that fence!

My second fence :rolleyes: we had put up was kencove solidlock fence, the one for sheep. It has the knots at the junctures of the wires, which prevent the wires from spreading sideways. I've had a few sheep run into it and bounce off, generally leaves a bloody nose. We originally had Premier woven wire with 3 strands of hi tensile wire above it. The sheep found that if they bunched into a corner, they could climb on each others backs and squeeze through the top wires. Since we border a 4 lane highway, this is not what I wanted to have happen. Also the premier woven wire has hinge wires and they will spread with any pressure, such as ground hogs pushing through the fence. I would highly recommend any of the locktight or solidlock wires.

so the hightensile with the solid lock wires? Christine, maybe I can run over there Fri if you come by and see the place..I am meeting with the fence guy at 2 pm if you can be there then and ride over and see the other fence he put up down the street...you could tell me if it is like yours?? Then maybe I could see yours and leave from there..he is my last appt of the day I believe.

Originally posted by tucknjill:

Christine, maybe I can run over there Fri if you come by and see the place..I am meeting with the fence guy at 2 pm if you can be there then and ride over and see the other fence he put up down the street...you could tell me if it is like yours?? Then maybe I could see yours and leave from there..he is my last appt of the day I believe.

Most certainly! I will be at your new place by 2pm. Then we can go look at the other job he did and you can stop by my place on your way home. Mine does not have the locking joints, but I have only had a few joints break when the neighborhood dogs got into my pasture and killed some sheep (ran them into the fence at full speed and broke their necks) and when I had trees fall on the fence during the hurricane in 2003. Other than that, there have been many times where the sheep have pushed and pushed into the fence and it has not sagged or loosened joints. See ya Friday.

Sam! Your new diggs look gorgeous! Can't wait to come park the camper there next October. : D

PS - I vote for the margurita/painting sheep party. But would be happy to paint fences first....

Really, if you do have a painting party let us know, we could drive down and camp and help out (notice me volunteering the gang up here...hehe)