BC Boards

Border Collie Rescuer needs help!

I just want to get the word out to all Border Collie lovers! Mary Ann Lindsay is a good friend and has been rescuing Border Collies and Aussies for years. She is located in Hayden Lake, Idaho, and her rescues come from shelters and owners. She competes in herding with her own dogs, and has her own flock of sheep. She has basically devoted her life to rescue. Now she is fighting for her own life. Her only hope for treatment is one of two new drugs that she cannot afford. She only has Medicare D, and she has to pay for her first treatment herself, which is be between $3500 and $6000. Then there will be a monthly copay of almost $200 a month. We will know the exact amount soon. She doesn't have the money, as all hers goes to the dogs! Steward has put up a informational website at www.helpmaryann.com Any help would be appreciated, whether you can donate money, give us fundraising ideas, or offer prayers for Mary Ann. If we lose her, Border Collies will suffer!Many thanks in advance.

Kathy Robbins

Hi there, I can't send any money. I am sorry. I checked the website. Lovely lady, gorgeous dogs. What fundraising ideas have you already come up with ? I think we need to brainstorm here, and you need some kind of big event. Maybe something that would get the media involved. Have the rescued dogs raise money for their rescuer - something like that. Just thinking off the top of my head. If you were here, I could maybe help more with specific ideas. But everywhere is different... I don't even know what WA means Sorry. Washington ????

Thank you for the moral support and suggestions. At this time, Mary Ann does not want general media involvement. She is a very unassuming person, and is overwhelmed that the dog community wants to help, so for now, all our efforts will be confined to dog people, especially Border Collie and Aussie folks. She is a frequent herding trialler with her own dogs and has lots of entries coming up. She will be there if at all possible.

Kathy Robbins

Yes, WA is the official abbreviation for Washington state!

I will send a donation in memory of my first BC boy Wolf who started it all and my current BC boy who keeps it going and going and ......!!

I love them all!!! what sweet pictures and faces, and God bless Mary Ann for her unselfish love.

let us know what else we may be able to do.

My daughter and I adopted a little border collie, Bailey, from Mary Ann.

Mary Ann is a wonderful person. It made me sad to hear she's fighting cancer and sadder still that the treatment is so expensive.

I sent a donation this morning and have been passing the word around, too.

If enough people make even small donations it will add up.

Thanks for posting this here!