BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Annette Carter & the Borderbratz

Cowboy the second day...

This dog is super smart. In 24 hours I've taught sit, down, (sit) pretty, the beginnings of shake (the problem is I need a clearer cue) and a retrieve in my hand. He marked once in the house, I told him no, took him outside, showed him where it was ok to go and that was the end of the discussion. I tell him to go potty and he does, if he loses focus I give the cue again and he refocuses. Let me make ite clear that he did not appear to know anything before I started. He didn't even know he could pick up the ball at first... He's intense when learning or playing but is content to chill out when I do, he follows me everywhere- what a seriously nice dog. Here's a few pics from today.

cowboy4_2.jpg

cowboy3_2.jpg

cowboy1_2.jpg

What is he looking at in that first picture?

I'm sorry Kim, but he's coming to me once my ankle heals. Hubby doesn't know it yet, and I might have to pry him from Annette's cold dead hands, but he's coming here. If her description is accurate then this is going to be one heck of an awesome dog.

I just don't think he's going to work out for you Annette. And since I'm closest geographically, it only makes sense that he comes to live in bee you ti ful Sonoma Cty!

Ruth n the BC3, for now

It's a Kong Ball and that is what he's looking at in 2 of the pics. Since he is an ACDXBC my DH is against him staying because I was looking for a BC and since he isn't "exactly" what I was looking for... It's that wierd spousal logic that I can't figure out. Hubby comes home soon tho so who knows, he might be won over and my dog limit extended by one.

Miz this guy is pretty special so far. I'm interested to see how the next couple of weeks unfold because I know he can't be all that he will be right now- he has to be just a little underconfident right now even though I can't see it- doesn't he??

If he does end up leaving me for a different forever home, I will probably cry like a broken person that's for sure.

what a looker!

He is going to be such a great pup.

If only I liked boy dogs more he would be here in a second! :rolleyes:

Annette:

He is one seriously nice looking, and S.M.A.R.T. dog. He LOOKS BC in that he ACTS BC, except for herding (and some purebred bc's won't herd either!). I don't know, me thinks he should stay with you. Now, Skidboot made his daddy $25,000 !!!! Does your hubby know that? Same mix! Teach him to go up and touch a tree with a foot (teach each foot separately), and then show hubby the skidboot video. I tell you, I am a real fan of bright dogs, no matter what the breed, and the cattledog/bc mixes I have met have all been real nice.

Anyway, he is just gorgeous, and I hope that he stays- love his name too.

Julie

Hmm is the funny ruff of neck fur an ACD/BC cross thing? Maggie's chest looks similar, though in a different color lol.

magportraitsmall.jpg

No -- that's exactly what Fly's coat looks like.

Of course, Fly also has a bearded great-grandma.

Well, gee whiz! I thought I was taking him if Annette didn't keep him! :rolleyes: I am so glad so many want him! I knew there was something special about him! Just one of my "feelings" I get from time to time! Well, Annette, you are doing great with him! Whoever ends up with him, we need to agree that there will always be updates on him!

Annette, how is the name working for you? I know sometimes when you get a dog and think you know what to name it, or if it comes with a name already, the dog sorta makes a name different.

Originally posted by MaggieDog:

Hmm is the funny ruff of neck fur an ACD/BC cross thing? Maggie's chest looks similar, though in a different color lol.

Originally posted by SoloRiver:

No -- that's exactly what Fly's coat looks like.

Of course, Fly also has a bearded great-grandma.

Twist also has a neck ruff and she's pretty darn smooth, from two smooth parents, and with no beardies in her background. In fact, I have not seen neck ruffs on the cattle dogs I know, so maybe the ruff comes from the border collie side.

Annette,

Cowboy is quite handsome. I hope you can convince your hubby to allow just one more.

J.