BC Boards

Truck/Dogs Stolen in Colorado

Jim and Patti Chant's pickup was stolen from a hotel while they were at the National Western Stock Show.

In the back of the pickup were dog boxes containing four of their working dogs.

More information and photos of the dogs are posted on the Wyoming Stock Dog site: http://www.wyomingstockdog.com

Eileen, please feel free to move this if I have it in the wrong place.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about this because we travel so much with our dog in our RV and it's hard enough when you're on your own turf, but a true nightmare when you are away from home. I have always thought that the first thing I would do, (and maybe they have), is to walk into the local tv station, have pictures of the dogs on hand, and have the station put the picture of the dogs and the truck on tv. And for them to share the info with other tv/radio stations.

At any rate, a public plea to drop the dogs at a local spot, no questions asked, from the owners might tug at the hardest heart.

Prayers that they are found. Charlene

Oh, this is just awful. I'd be beside myself with both fear and fury (what is WRONG with people?!?) I'll forward this thread to my friends who vet in CO in case (God forbid) the dogs turn up abandoned or injured; is there any way to contact the shelters in CO to alert them to be looking out for these dogs? I'll see if CVMA has a way of contacting its membership as well.

I have a friend in CO who wants to give them the ph# to the local newsroom so that they can get this info aired locally, but she can't get through on the cell #. Does anyone have an alternate way to contact them?

In the meantime, she's trying their cell again.

I sent the story and the link to the local TV station, at www.9news.com and to 7 News - the Denver Channel and to the Rocky Mountain News (newspaper). I will try to submit it to the other TV stations, hopefuly someone will broadcast it.

I just sent it to the Denver Dumb Friends League and the Rocky Mountain BC Rescue.

They just told this story on Fox news! I ran to my computer as soon as I saw the story. They showed pics of the dogs as well, hopefully that will help. I feel so bad for those poor people!

OMG... I just read the posting on the link. The news did not say where everything happened... I live right by there. I live right across the highway from the hotel I can see it when we go on walks. Please let me know if there is anything I can do since I am in the area. Ceana Chris and I will be on the look out just in case they let the dogs out. I really hope whoever did this brings them to a shelter. There will be 3 sets of very watchful eyes in the neighboor hood!

I can't believe that! Who would do that? Thanks Anda for telling the news. I just saw it on 4news. I really hope they find the dogs. I hate to see that happen. We have some family in CO so I'll tell them too.

I guess there's no news on them yet? I can't imagine what they are going through. The posts I've put into other forums are being reviewed. The more people watching out for them, the better.

Does anyone know the license plate # of the truck? I've posted the story to another forum and I know from there that others have passed it on too but a couple of people have asked for the license plate #. It's not listed on the Wyoming Stockdog site.