BC Boards

Edgeworth Winter SDT photos

Valhalla

That's beautiful. All the photos in your gallery are great. Needless to say, I'm jealous of the weather, but I'd look at more of those anytime!

edit: hi Robin, posted simultaneously so I didn't see it. You're right, he was extremely cute

The one of Cord was fantastic - so were all the others, too. Thanks to Christine and everyone who make images like these available. I often refer people to them to show them what Border collies look like when they are doing what they are bred to do. When you are having a conversation with someone about how important it is not to throw non-working selection characteristics into the mix, it helps to have illustrations of dogs working their hardest!

I know a lot of effort goes into putting these up - thanks Christine!

Wonderful pictures of what looks like a great trial. Thanks, Christine.

I love the fact that you're able to capture the eyes so well - and all the focus and intensity of the dogs.

That one of Hemp doing the flying change, but with the head held steady and totally focussed on the sheep was an amazing shot.

I thought he looked like Link too, same body type and all, even went and looked at a picture of him to see the resemblance. Tommy won both days with Whip and Freddie boy was 3rd first day and second the second. It was close the second day, only 2 points apart, both nice runs. Christine's Tweed was right in there too.

Cord is the one she got from Karen Thomason (her breeding) and i'll probably remember the breeding about the time i hit send - Karen ran him in Nursery, mate to the Allie bitch Stacy had. Hemp came from Glyn Jones last summer, nice dog.

I think it's safe for box building to continue.

It was a fun trial and we missed you! Sheep were undogged (or mostly undogged) yearlings they only brought home from some other farm the tuesday before the trial. They worked decent but pens were few and far between the first day.

Originally posted by Deb Mickey:

Great shots, Christine! Looks like everyone had a grand time. Sterling weather, sterling sheep, sterling judge! :rolleyes:

Thanks Deb! We had two sterling judges.... Robin did a super job on the Nursery class each day!