BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
prosperia

Joining the Border Cat Club

Congrats!!! I had a cat that looked like yours when I was growing up...named him Bandit (appropriately). He was as smart as a BC and just as ingenius in getting into things!

I have often considered getting a 'dog' friendly cat as a friend for Dublin....financially it'll be a while before I can add another dog and he always seems a little sad that he can't get my other cats to like him!

Enjoy your new addition!

Kitch

I had a cat that looked like that too!

My dad and I were hauling the bass boat to go fishing when I was a kid, and the bucket flew out. He pulled over and found a little kitten, so we named him Lucky.

A few months later he "took Lucky for a ride" though. :rolleyes:

I certainly hope that your cat is luckier. He (she?) found you, so already I know he's in better hands! Congrats!

not sure how dog friendly he is, but at least he isnt hiding under a bed somewhere. we are working on "leave it". Our first moment of peace. 100_0487.jpg

That is a GREAT shot!! :rolleyes: It cracked me up...they look like soulmates....

We had a cat named lucky too, when I was very young. My dad had gone to our neighbors barn with the truck to get a load of manure for our gardens and it being a cold spring day, the kitten crawled up the truck tire and sat on a 1.5 inch plate that jutted out in front of the engine fan! :eek: My father drove away, unloaded the manure, ran some errands and went to my grandparents place (total of about 15 miles) at which point he heard a 'meowing' coming from the truck. That lucky little kitten had clung onto that piece of metal for dear life (and had the hair on his neck shaved from the fan!! :eek: ) We kept him and he indeed was a lucky cat!

Cutie pie... I've been a member...just lacked a good photo... so here ya'll go... sorry they are not together... hard enough not to get blurry shots.

Molly the Mauler

3437432323232fp4%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E5%3C3%3E%3A34%3EWSNRCG%3D323292%3B88%3A%3C58nu0mrj

a good pic.of Sam with dh... talk about trust... and yes he got in this position himself.

3437432323232fp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D6%3B4%3D%3B25%3DXROQDF%3E232383%3A97%3B%3B5%3Bot1lsi

Originally posted by karrie:

LOL I really recongize that look.

Tweed stands over Leonard and offers to let him sniff his, erm, area. Leonard does not appreciate it much.

RDM

lol, i used to have a border cat. he passed away last year RIP, named Sam. now i have a swiss shepherd cat??? pure white.lol. named Balthazaa- appopriatly- hes gonna be huge!

Here is Ambrose on the couch, and Stewart in the basket. They both adore the dogs, but since Emmy has been gone they have no one to cuddle with. Kai is way to intense with them and Abra totaly ignors them.

P1010021.jpg

Copyofstewart.jpg

Andrea D.

Now I know how Jessica felt when she coudnt decide on a name. Dont like Atlas anymore. Just not easy enough to say. I like Irish though, I might stick with that. He isnt actually black. If you look closley you can see that he is a dark choclate tabby. So I was thinking some coffee related name, and there isnt anything better than an Irish Coffee. . .

My bordercat is like my border collie, not very much white at all, lol. Ok, so the cat's white doesn't even show up in the pic, lol.

Brother1.jpg

And you know what? The standard poodle I am trying to talk my mom into letting me have has the same coloring! It was meant to be! lol

My other bordercat is a rare tabby, lol

Spring2.jpg

i didn't know what color the word 'tabby' referred to when I took my gandparent's cat in to get shots. The vet tech asked me what color he was and I said, "Ummm, brown, black, some grey. Kind of leopard spotted... with some white"

"So a calico? No, males aren't calicos."

"No, it's not a calico"

DOH! :rolleyes: So now I know what a tabby cat is!

I love every ones cats such great expressions and such pretty kids.

Does Tabby translate in to some sort of Orderly merle from cat color to dog color. If so then here is my Tabby/Merle Percy :rolleyes: He is almost 17 and still king of the hill. I'm thinking Plaid is THE background for Tabby photos P1010048.jpg

Forgive me for slowing down your computer. I don't get to show off my cats so often. turbo_jasmine_playing_04.jpg

turbo_jasmine_playing_03_BW.jpg

ball0.jpg

Humping the lab 33%3A%3B494323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2334%3D3%3A6%3D%3A45%3DXROQDF%3E232356892%3C897ot1lsi

33%3A%3B494323232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3243%3E2%3B5%3E954%3EWSNRCG%3D323265984266%3Bnu0mrj

And Yuki-snowy

yuki_sleep_03.jpg

yuki_fireplace.jpg

Gorgeous cat photos, Inu - looks like your guys get along really well.

You guys have seen my George Henry before, but here she is again:

We love Mom's bed

1fe48010ee3b3b66ea09bf7aff30b065.JPG

Kirra loves her GH (sorry it's out of focus)

ac42e0c2eb3df5acaeaa1e87af6554ba.JPG

Finally got around to joining this club by uploading some pic's of my bordercat.

Sunbathing border cat on Piper's bed.

3438972%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B6%3A%3D456%3DXROQDF%3E2323859795457ot1lsi

I'm a member:

DSCN0245kl.jpg

Look at her, she must be an akc border cat :D . And ironically, she's not the smartest cat on earth :rolleyes:

But let's leave it to the true experts: if it moves and it's fluffy then it must be a sheep!

DSCN0242kl.jpg

DSCN0232kl.jpg

DSCN0241kl.jpg

aaahhhhh.... now, thats a cute picture.

Keyto (which by the way ended up being his name, not atlas or irish) wants a cape now. Something about super powers, and being able to leap big doggies in a single bound.