BC Boards

American bloodlines questions

bcollie

I am still working on a book on the bloodlines of American champions and am having problems coming up with information and/or photos on a few dogs. Thought I would post this to the boards to see if anyone has this info or access to it. If so you can post me privately at geri@bordercollies.com or call me at 1-800-833-0332. Thank you in advance.

1) Registration number for Hubert Bailey's Tweed, 1991 National Nursery Champion. I have been able to compile his pedigree - just not his number.

2) Registration number and/or pedigree for Ralph Pulfer's Nap, 1992 Purina Champion.

3) Photos or personal info on: Jack Knox's Jed AIBC 1186, E.McCaslin's Max AIBC 41502, Ted Johnson's Jan (Jen) ISDS 108634, Ted Johnson's Glen ABC 35981, Barbara Ligon's Jim ABC 36446 and Barbara Ligon's Roy ABC 76755.

Thanks.

Geri Byrne

Geri,

You are writing a book! That is so cool. I am totally impressed.

How are you making the distinction between American bloodlines and bloodlines from outside the U.S.? Is that distinction built into the registration process?

Maybe, I shhould I wait and read the book, huh? I'll buy it regardless.

That's a real contribution to the community you are making Geri. Kudos!

------------------

Margaret

retired terrierwoman, border collie wannabe

drumlins@adelphia.net

This book will include the USBCHA National Champions, the Nursery Champions, the Purina/WBC Champions and the Hall of Fame dogs. There is someone else working on a 'key dogs' of America approach but that is much harder to know who to include. This is enough of a project for me for now!

Roy Goutte is analzying the pedigrees that extend overseas and we are trying to get personal input from the owners and handlers of the dogs. The book isn't strictly American dogs as much as it is dogs that have won American Championships.

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Geri