BC Boards

Bloomington

blackacre

If you mean bloomfield,

The sheep were rotten and unfit. They got better as the weekend progressed, but I'm astonished at how good the sheep could look getting on the trailer in New Hampshire and how bad they could be just three hours later getting off in Connecticut. Western whiteface sheep don't seem to tolerate stress well at all.

I don't remember all the results, but A. McRae was first and second. Michael Dathe was third.

I'm pretty sure Christine Koval had at least one dog in, and if the David you're referring to is David Sharp, then yes, he had a dog in the double lift. I'm not sure about any other Davids. Maybe someone who was at the bottom of the field can fill in the details.

It was interesting to see so many people from Michigan, Virginia, and Ontario and so few from New England.

Originally posted by Bill Fosher:

If you mean bloomfield,

Yup, so I do.

The sheep were rotten and unfit.
Uh huh, heard that. Yours?

I'm not sure about any other Davids
I was thinking of David Henry. You're right though, I just assumed he was the David in question.

Thanks Fosher. :rolleyes:

A

A,

I just got home. I don't know the results as I ran 11th then headed home after that, but here are those who made it into the double lift:

Dawn Boyce & Tink

Tom Lacey w/ Peg & Megan

Alasdair w/ Don & Star

Christine w/ Rook & Bess

David Henry & McCloud

David Sharp & Kirk

Warren Mick & Glenn

Rich Seaman & Zoe

Bruce Smart & Peg

Amanda & Bart

Barbara Ray w/ Britt & Queen

Marianna Schreeder & Kate

Sue Schoen & Brook

Joyce Geier & Tate

Steve Wetmore & Dart

Michael Dathe & Trot

Alasdair did indeed walk away with the top two spots. Don in 1st and Star in 2nd. Michael Dathe and Trot laid down a fine run for 3rd place. I believe Alasdair and Michael were the only two handlers who finished the course (all spectacular displays of stockmanship).

Here are a few candids from the winning teams. My lens isn't powerful enough to get good shots of the outwork (considering it was a half-mile away). :rolleyes:

Sharon Perkins

Alasdair and Star at the post

Bloomfield-MacRaesStaratthePost.jpg

Bada-bing Bada-bang Bada-boom - How does he do that? Star shedding

Bloomfield-MacRaesStarShedding.jpg

Star heading for the pen after shedding

Bloomfield-MacRaesStar-Headingforth.jpg

Star Penning

Bloomfield-MacRaesStarPenning.jpg

Alasdair and Don shedding - Once again... bada bing!

Bloomfield-MacRaesDon-Shedding.jpg

Alasdair and Don Penning

Bloomfield-MacRaesDonPenning.jpg

Michael Dathe and Trot Shedding

Bloomfield-DathesTrotShedding.jpg

What's being used for collars? Hair scuncies? They look like Hawaiian leis! They are very visible, however . . . :rolleyes:

yep, drove the whole way just for Bloomfield!! Stayed the night on the way up with Sammie Jo & worked sheep on her great field!!

Thanks for the congrats! I don't know about Meeker yet 'cause I'm on the wait list...didn't enter until I jumped at the chance to go to SH.

Both Alasdair & Tricia were invited but are unable to go. I think that most of the invitees are listed on the Soldier Hollow website. I saw Tom Lacy, Barbara Ray, Jeanne, Linda Tesdahl, Lyle, and of course Beverly & Amanda, are the handlers from the East Coast. There were several others in the East that were invited, but there is such a big gap between SH & Finals, that many people can't make one long trip or even 2 short trips.