BC Boards

Bette's Debut!

tucknjill

Thanks Sam. I was pleased with her. As far as details, it wasn't perfect, but nothing but normal young dog mistakes. For example, she really didn't see why she should go to the top of the field to pick up 3 sheep when she could just go down to the pens at the bottom of the field where there were about 15 sheep much closer. Flanking off on the fetch was optional (I already knew that one --some days she's really good about it, but in the excitement of being at a new place, that went out the window). I figured out during her second ranch non-compete run that she's faster driving (in a good way) with whistles than voice. She's not totally reliable yet with taking the correct flank with whistles yet. Since the course was small, I stuck with voice mostly since there wouldn't be time to correct a wrong flank. Anyhow, it was fun. Verna's is a great place to take an inexperienced dog to get its feet wet.

Renee

I am SO envious! It sounds wonderful even though half of what you said is beyond my comprehension. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on (in a quiet, non-obrusive way, of course).

Give Bette a pet for me.

You do your share, Renee -- I've seen you down there plenty of times! I really don't mind it -- just like to complain for the attention, don't you know !

Anyhow, getting to see nice teams making pretty work is the best part (that and having something useful to do to justify my being there )!