BC Boards

Congrats to Jenny and Scott Glen

Sue R

Scott Glen and Pleat are the winners at Meeker, with Amanda Milliken and Ethel second, and Tommy Wilson and Sly third. Following on his win last fall in our USBCHA Nationals, and his semi-final placing at the World Trial, Scott is proving he's one of the top handlers in the world.

And, our very own Jenny Glen, placed eighth in the double lift final of the Canadian Western/Canadian National. Not bad for a handler/dog pair that hadn't done double lift in competition before (and hadn't practiced because Jenny didn't think they'd get that far!).

So, although Jenny is in the process of becoming a Canadian citizen, she's still a native of the USA and so did us from "south of the border" very proud.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Jenny!!!!! If you can place 8th when you have never done a double lift in competition before, just think what you can do the next time...now that you have experience.

We will toast and toast to you at Sam's trial.

If you can't get out of Canada by spring, maybe we should all plan to come to Canada to see you!

Just an intimate little group of about 20 or descending on you! All of us the sweet retiring type especially A. and Sam.

Hey Jenny and Scott!

Congratulations to Scott for his Meeker win and to you for your run at the Canadians.

Thanks for posting some of the scores, seems we aren't as up on getting the scores out to the world as our "down south" friends are. Maybe we can fix that for next year.

Good wishes to Scott for the upcoming challenge.

Wendy

Gee, Eilleen and I was (past tense) including you in our quiet elite group of 20 or so that would be part of Scott and Jen house crashing.

Seriously, you can still come but you have to be a designated driver.

We will give the newlyweds a shivaree! (Bet Jen is young enough that she won't know what that is! We will let her think that it has something to do with working dogs.......and she will go along with it! )

T-Bar,

I don't even know what the heck that is.

Were we invited or are we just assuming we'll be welcome? I'm starting to like the idea. We can set up a tent/trailer city and hang around watching Scott and Jen train. Terry, of course, can provide penning pointers. I'll throw in advice on training Kelpies and provide endless commentary on how Nap is better than Creed. Other areas of expertise? Eileen? Sam? Wobin?

A

I'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't know what it is!

Hmm, i guess i became the expert at riding off into the sunset on the 4 wheeler and retrieving sheep at Sam's trial. Maybe i can handle that. "Wobin! Sheeeeeeeep!" I heard that for days afterwards in my sleep. I could also have Gael do a demonstration on the proper ear-removal technique for sheepdogs... :rolleyes: And as A can attest to, i am very good at not allowing pauses in conversations as they are the cue to jump up and make everyone get busy doing something or train another dog!

Damn, Wobin, you're in for sure. I'd forgotten about you going for sheep every 1n seconds.

Oh, and as Jenny pointed out, I can do tours of the countryside in our off hours: "And on your left are yet more endless miles of absolutely nothing. Notice the dust devils, the locusts, wait, here we are at the local convenience store. Notice it only took 1.23 hours to get here." and so on. :rolleyes:

A

Oh geez, can we move this party, or shivaree, depending and what we find out it is, SOUTHEAST? It sounds about as cushy as i found it be when we went to the Finals a couple of years ago and managed to lame up my dog by just hopping her out for a pee break on the way there. What sort of place has cactus everywhere you step? Pee breaks aren't supposed to be dangerous!

You are coming this way in November, aren't you? We have to work the stink out of puppies again. I may even need more puppies to keep up with you. Ohhhhhh, speaking of more puppies, there's a male littermate to the great Zac and Tess available, not really even started but nice like them - i worked him a couple of times a while back. Know anyone looking? Should be pretty cheap and sooooo ready to train now.

Same kind of thing as Zac and Tess? I'll check around. Someone up here was looking for a nice young 'un, I forget just who for the moment.

Of course I'm coming in November. I could use a puppy training buddy, no doubt about it. Tell you what, I'll let a gentle pause fall, you'll fill it in, and off we'll go.

A

Well girls, if you are coming up, get your voices warmed up "SHIVAREE: a noisy mock serenade for newlyweds"

Robin, we have no cactus, just endless miles of prarie which, unlike the year Andrea came over, is STILL mostly green. I think she isn't very impressed by all the cowboys and of course, I wasn't here when she came up! Actually, about an hour and a half west of us, near the BC border is about the prettiest country I have ever seen. The praries meet the moutains and it is beautiful.

Jenny Glen (holding my breath as Scott will run in the next hour or so)

Jen!! We're holding our breath too. Tell us the second you hear anything.

Ah yes, the cowboys . . . put your romantic notions aside here ladies. The reality ain't half as pretty. Having another female to hang with would have made all the difference.

However, I have to agree about the country west of you. I drove back from Banff along the old highway on that trip and it was heartbreakingly beautiful in the foothills. Unfortunately, I was headed several hours east of there. :rolleyes:

A

Hey A., yep, just like Zac & Tess. I'd say Moss is about between the 2 actually, but it's been awhile since i saw him. Would be a nice dog for about anyone i'd think, easy as pie to train, like my two.

Jenny, that sounds nice! I'd love to get up that way sometime, have never been. Go Scott! Is that Tala Pleat's littermate that runs right before him?

Yes, that is Pleat's littermate. She's been doing well with her new owner. She's been in two double lifts since she bought her and she was second to Scott and Pleat in the double lift at Gina's.

You girls are all welcome up here any time. However, it's late in the season now (snow coming soon - it's 45 degrees today). Come up in the summer and hit the trials and see the country. The Mountie forts are the coolest and they are all closing for the season now.

Jenny

Well, I just heard from a friend at the finals. I don't have a score posted yet for Scott, but it wasn't good. I guess he had one of the worst lots of sheep today (that is a friends opinion- I haven't heard from Scott yet because I hear he isn't happy) He missed ALL his panels. I guess his lines were good but they were the dodge at the last minute kind of sheep. He had a great shed but no pen. I don't think that sounds good.

Jenny Glen