BC Boards

Metchosin Sheep Dog Trial Results

airbear

Metchosin Sheep Dog Trial (Victoria, British Columbia)

July 29 - 31, 2005

Open - Aggregate Standings

1 Bill Berhow and Pete 172

Reserve Martha McHardy and Ryan 157

3 Gayle Cochlan and Kate 154

4 Bob Stephens and Wisp 154

5 Martha McHardy and Geoff 151

6 Bill Berhow and Sid 149

7 Jo Haynes and Meg 141

8 Gayle Cochlan and Cap 130

Pro Novice - Aggregate Standings

1 Lani Dorman and Blair 130

Reserve Jennifer L?Arrivee and BJ Josie 129

3 Leslie Pfardresher and Bill 126

4 Brian Nelson and Pleat 112

5 Jamie Florence and Linc 111

6 Terry Towle and Sage 105

Complete trial results at http://www.stockdog.bc.ca/2005_events/Metchosin/results.htm

Lou is all psyched for FVSDT. He and Jamie have been getting used to each other, as Lou spent a few months in Alberta at what I like to call 'finishing school'. He came home a few weeks ago.

He did well at Arlington on the Sunday, and Jamie is well pleased with him. Luckily for both Lou and me, there are too many entries at Fraser Valley to allow cross-entries, so he will just run Open with Jamie. I might run him this winter, or next spring, or for sure by 2007. :rolleyes: Oh, and he's fast as stink for such a big bugger. I'm thinking that I might have a very expensive agility prospect on my hands! :D

lou_2.jpg

Hi Diane,

Yes, I bought Lou in March, with the idea that he would live with Jamie, and I would trial him in P/N one day. He went to Ken MacKenzie's for a few months to sharpen up, and now he's happily ensconced at Casa de Florence.

Lou is a very nice, very happy boy. He seems to make friends wherever he goes. I think with a little more time, he and Jamie will do very well together. They suit each other. As for me, I'm going to put off working him until this winter, as he's been through a lot of changes this year, and he needs some consistency in his life. Oh yeah, and I haven't a clue what I'm doing. :rolleyes:

I wasn't at Metchosin or Arlington, but I will be at Fraser Valley. I manage the BCSDA website, and it occurred to me that this might be a good place to post results too.

Are you coming to FVSDT in a few weeks? I'll be there, taking photos or scribing or doing something that doesn't require handling a dog. Maybe I can man the weiner stand.

Kristi

You know that Lou is a pretty darn useless dog...so bad, in fact, that I would be willing to take him off your hands!!! :rolleyes: heee heee

I will not be at FVSDT but at Harlow Hills....however I might be at Seabird. I'll have to touch bases with Jamioe on that.

Lou, for his first times out to the post, worked very well. Big, solid and smooth style. I was setting for him at Arlington and he has a super nice lift, quiet, soft and dead on.

He works very nice out on the field and Jamie handled him quite well. They will be a great team and should be laying down some great runs. Lou has good stock sense, authority on stock and a willingness to work attitude. Not to mention, he should get full points for the good-looking factor!!

Hope to meet you soon!!

Tell Jamie hello for me!!

Diane Pagel and Tess

Originally posted by DeltaBluez Tess:

You know that Lou is a pretty darn useless dog...so bad, in fact, that I would be willing to take him off your hands!!! :rolleyes: heee heee

Nice try! :D Nope, Lou-lou is home now for good.

But he says Thanks for the compliments!

lou_3.jpg

I suspect Lou will be down in your neck of the woods several more times.

Ooh, speaking of trials, Seabird is now open. If you want to try some very skittish sheep, give Seabird a try! You can download an entry form from here. PN and Open only. Both PN and Open are two, one-day trials with daily cash pay-outs.