BC Boards

Bloomfield ?

Denise Wall

Missed you Denise! It was 'Stinkin Hot!' Sally Lacy had a thermometer and her camper was 96, in the sun 94 and in the shade over 90. Friday was hotter than Saturday, and we ran over 60 dogs. I 'think' Saturday's results were

1. Alasdair / Star 89.5

2. Bev/Bill

3. Alasdair / Don or Bear

4. Bev/Pippa

5. Marilyn T /Scott 82

I don't remember the rest.

Saturday was

1. Amanda / Ethel 92

2. Marilyn / Lena 89.5 (won on outwork)

3. Alasdair/Star 89.5

4. Warren / Glen?

Not sure of the rest. Nancy O did well with Ben. Amanda got in again with Bart. I placed with Scott again, and was in the top 10 with Queen also, but since it was my third dog, no placement. Warren got in with Jinty

Top 20 dogs to the double lift

Amanda 2 dogs

Alasdair 2 dogs

Trisha - Max

Michael Dathe 2 dogs

Marilyn 2 dogs

Bev 2 dogs

Bruce one dog

Sue Schone - Nap

Rick Seaman - Zoe

Nancy O. - Ben

Warren 2 dogs

Lori Cunningham 1 or 2 dogs

Jim Murphy one dog

When I left at about run 13 on Sunday, Alasdair was in the lead with Star at 161, Amanda and Ethel at 146. Bev had run both dogs, I had run both dogs, and there had been several retires.

Denise,

Your dogs probably would have had an advantage, being better acclimated to running in the high heat and humidity. Despite some cloud cover and even rain late in the day on Sunday, dogs were still coming off the double lift totally spent.

Sorry for the repost. I posted this to the other topic before I noticed the change...

Bloomfield was a gas! Incredible field, flat, hot, and humid. Glad I went, and I'd go again, even though I had no success there. I entered to gain scope on my dogs and the trial delivered.

I see results have been posted, and the usual suspects are at the top.

Wendy V.

ps. I'll lecture the dogs to be kind to Auntie Flo's sheep and I'll bring my walking shoes! Gee, no free pony ride to the top, like at the Bluegrass??