BC Boards

Open Finals

cgt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure had fun at Nationals. That Sam sure is a kick!! It was great to meet these folks in person!

WELL, except for CGT. We asked poor Glen about CGT and he gamely tried to stand up for him.

We all were looking for a guy with a white bucket on his head but to no avail. Glen was a great standin for CGT.

Jenn--- Ostrich steak is quite tasty, cook it medium with a peach carmel sauce topping with small red potatoes on the side (Olive oil broiled) and a side of mint.

Diane Pagel

well my newest buddy called me over the weekend..was sure a kick to talk to alberta gene while standing on VA soil! Trying to talk her into a visit here, but will have to wait and see...

Sure had a blast this weekend...Got quite toasty, scared poor Sue and her daughter to death and tried to corrupt them for sure...Had a late night visit from Sue Aston and drank shots till late late...Sure is fun to get a bunch of buds around laughing till the wee hours!

Oh we were all curious Andrea, just how DID you glue your pups ears up eh? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sammy Jo

You want to know about ears? Hmmm, let's see: first go, we tried for the tip eared Sheltie style look since I figured that was the best we could hope for. So, for that one, you glue the tips down and then glue the inside edges together. Then the glue gave out and it looked like they wanted to go straight up. Really. So, we went with the moleskin in the lower part of the inside of the ear. Then those fell out. Now they're all over the place. Third try I might go with the Tampax tubes. OK, I'm embarrassed, but I hate hound dog ears more.

A.

One by one, a minister, a rabbi, and a priest died and came up to the Pearly Gates. As each arrived, St. Peter indicated that they should step into a nearby waiting room.

Eventually, a red-headed woman with dog hair on her clothes and poop on her barn boots came up to the gates of Heaven. St. Peter waved her right on through!

The three men saw this from the waiting room door and called to St. Peter. "Why do we men of God have to wait here and you let that sheep dog trainer right in through to Heaven?"

St. Peter replied, "That's Sam Furman, and she's scared the h*** out of more folks than you three combined!"

Sam, you're a bit rowdy but you are kind and thoughtful and smart, and we both had a wonderful time! You made us feel like part of the group and we loved it! Want some pizza?

It's amazing to me how such a young (hmmmmmm, should I say thirty.......something) and accoplished handler can manage to party every night and still go out and lay a run down. she's so ready to party, she's willing to do so after she's in her PJs. :eek:

(OK Sam I see that "finger" :eek: )

Mark (anti-social, cradle-robbing, boring, old PN handler)

When do you Americans celebrate Thanksgiving anyway? If it's just after your trial, prob won't work. I have a commitment weekend of Dec 2,3. Might be looking at January/February. Any trials around then?

Hey, Dobby is mad for sheep. I hear Scott's is too. Think 4 months is too early to start a dog? :rolleyes:

A.

Hey, Sam, Lisa tells me SHE wasn't scared! I guess I was just scared enough for two!!! Besides, if you guys hadn't scared me, that pizza sure would have!

Bless her heart, Lisa was good enough to either explain things to me or tell me I didn't want to know. She takes good care of her old Mom.

Thanks, again, I had a great time, enjoyed being a fringe member of the group, and loved the lessons. Now, off to work my handler-challenged and much-loved dogs on those big, mean Angus cows (and bull).

I will go if you are gonna be here and want to go...your choice..if you can come in January and stay longer, well I am game for that too, cept I currently plan on going to the winter olympics in Texas...Nowwwwwwwwwww if you want to come with us there we might could do that as wellllll..so dealers choice... (Jenny I was not mean to that poor young boy, Gina on the other hand had him sucking his thumb and pouting in the corner. I never get mean, I get even. Words to live by!