BC Boards

Bluegrass Results

Denise Wall

What an awesome trial! It's such an honor to run with the great handlers and dogs of the sport.

Final results can be found under "Current Scores" and "2004 Champions" at:

http://www.bluegrasstrial.com

Congratulations to our own Sam Furman for placing 12th and 14th out of 144 dogs (each run) with Tucker in Open runs one and two and for a blazing 5th place finish in the double lift finals. Way to go Sam!!

Our whole litte group had our personal success stories, Denise with her blazing run with Zeke, her hard fought score on the first day with Mick when almost NO one had good scores...Andrea with her Hobbes doing so well in the second go and being just out of the money...Robin doing great with Gael in the first round.

Not to be all squishy and stuff but it is sure nice to go to these trials and have such good friends to hang with...it is half the reason I go..You guys, just from time to time, sure are great! When you arent busting my chops that is!

It is an honour to run at the Bluegrass. In my case, it is also a thrill just to finish a course.

I would rank it the best organized trial in North America and am grateful to the organizers for doing such a great job. Thanks guys, you're the best. May the Bluegrass live long and prosper.

And hugs and kisses for my loyal friends who make it all fun and worthwhile.

Jeez, someone make a joke at Sam's expense before I make myself sick.

Andrea

Hi all,

I was there in spirit but my "sweet baboo", Tess was my representative at the the Bluegrass. She was run by a good friend of mine. She did well, 34th overall in Open...and considering she just moved up to Open a yr ago and hasn't been handled by the guy who ran her for over 2.5 yrs. But she loves him and worships the ground he walks on.

Great going to everyone on this list and I hope someday I will be able to meet you all!!

Diane Pagel

Gosh you're brave Charlie.

There was, however, another handler there EVEN YOUNGER than Sam who made the double lift. Believe it or not, Billy Young is just 22 and was running his first dog in Novice last year before moving him up to Open this spring, maybe even at this trial.

Ah, to be a child prodigy again.

A.

Just got back last night from "spectating" at Seclusival. Can just tell you this - Denise Wall won first in Open on Friday, and Tom Wilson (I believe) was in the lead with ten or so teams left to go on Saturday in Open.

The course was shortened on Friday due to morning fog but on Saturday included fetching sheep that were placed out on the opposite side of the pond. The dog had to do its outrun to the right and cross the dam (or near to it) to get to the field where the sheep were. A number of dogs didn't get it and retired, some needed some correction, and some were able to scoot right across the dam and into the field where the sheep were held.

The weather Friday afternoon was brutally hot. The young and accomplished Sam Furman was there to keep spirits up! Wonderful dogs and top handlers made it a great trial to watch.

Remember Sue, you are my new best friend....

Just in, will post Seclusival results in the morning...I AM WHIPPED! I feel about 90, so hows that for young...ugh.

Poor Tucker, he is pretty tired too, he did ALOT of work, carrying me on his back into the prize list at Bluegrass! Good dog, It is easy to muck your way thru with a partner like him...

Hey A.! We missed you a bunch! Trial was terrific, went really well. It was a blast running over that dam and my little beasties even managed to both get there. Driving over it yesterday was pretty interesting too. Even managed to get points on Gael yesterday, her first ones, woo hoo! Jet had a good first weekend in the Open as well. We ran a ton of dogs but finished at a decent time saturday and sunday. Friday we had a about a 2 hour fog delay so it was a loooooong day. Tommy won that beautiful slate for the 3 day overall. Sam'll get the results up sometime, i can't even remember who won other than Tommy yesterday, and David Henry one day.

Chair is on its way...

Denise did a wonderful job on Friday, and was very humble about it, to boot!

So, if Tommy Wilson won on Sunday, then David Henry must have won on Saturday, right?

For a rank novice, just out to watch for a good time, the trial was wonderful. Well-known and accomplished handlers (and some were also young, like Sam, and Stacy, and Robin) and marvelous dogs on a beautiful course combined to make it a humbling and enjoyable experience.

And, Sam, does Charlie know you are also very pretty? I guess it doesn't matter 'cause I seemed to notice you were also married! Oh, well, poor Charlie. And why did I have to miss your very good second place run on Sunday? Alas.

At least I do now understand why Stacy is Ms WV Border Collie Handler and Pageant Queen. I guess that means that Sam is Ms VA Border Collie Handler and Pageant Queen, and Robin must therefore be Ms NC Border Collie Handler and Pageant Queen. I have been in the presence of royalty! What an honor!!!

Thanks guys It was great to win on Fri but there was something else that made that run special...

The first Open trial I ever placed in was at the big Seclusival trial in 1997 with my home-bred, home-trained Molly. Molly is a very special dog to me. Although not a great outrunner, Molly was a spectacular driving dog. For me, the highlight of her run that day was taking those sheep dead straight on the crossdrive line to the panels with almost no commands. When I saw Mick, on that same course, steady down and take those sheep across the drive right off the tip of his nose, needing almost no commands, just like his mom did all those years ago, well, it was a very poignant flashback.

It was a wonderful trial with lots of challenges on the course. There was some great dog work and great handling to see and learn from. A big thanks to all involved, especially Sam and Robin.

Oh god Sue, ENOUGH!!!!! Between you and Charlie, I will NEVER be able to show my face in public again...UGHHHHHH Can you say back of the classroom girl????!!!! I am just one of the guys...I am NOT a girl! You are already our new best friend, time to fall in line and start insulting us like everyone else does..it is how we show affection in these parts honest! I just woke up, have litterally been sleeping ALL day. Just remembered that I left Todd out in the yard and he is pouting (think movie home alone) I am off to make my way back to the blue chair again as I am STILL not done sleeping. For one so young I sure feel like hell! I can tell you too, I have a face only my husband would love today..maybe I best take a shower BEFORE he gets home...shudder.