BC Boards

Tom's Trial - Mt. Pleasant

I am planning on it! Looking forward to it, his sheeps are a real challenge. I get the newsletter so I should be ok,but thanks for the offer.

I'm coming to Sam's, but have to leave Saturday morning early, shame on Dan for picking that day to get married! I figured I'd come down Thursday nite with Deb and run Brook on Friday and then head back early Sat morning to get back in time for the wedding.

I tried to talk Dan and Janet into changing their wedding date - I just can't imagine why it would be a problem! :rolleyes:

I haven't worked Tom's sheep since Twist was a pup, so it should be interesting. I love the house at Mt. Pleasant and would very much like to steal the farm sign....

Good for Dan and Janet, even if it does interfere with Sam's trial (the nerve)! I hope it's not a formal wedding so you can show up with sheep, ahem, on your shoes should you get stuck in traffic on the way home.

Can you send me Dan's mailing address? I'd like to send them a card (my e-mail addy is in my profile). I do miss seeing him at trials--he's such great entertainment!

J.

Sure thing - I'll send it to you tomorrow - will have to get it from home.

I think he would love it if I showed up in my trial clothes! What a hoot. Especially with a bonus on my boot.

I sure do miss working dogs with him, only get to see him every now and then. He always has good stories and the latest about Nathan. I think the Mooneys will be at the wedding too.

Stuff posted to sheepdog-L seems to be delayed sometimes. I've pasted it below. Sorry for the odd spacing, but you can copy and paste it into a word processing program and clean it up before you print it out!

J.

MT. PLEASANT FARM SHEEPDOG TRIAL

NOVEMBER 12 and 13, 2005

SANCTIONED BY: United States Border Collie Handlers Association

Virginia Border Collie Association

NOVICE/NOVICE: $15 per dog per day; PRO/NOVICE: $15 per dog per day; OPEN RANCH: $15 per dog per day; USBCHA NURSERY: $17 per dog per day; OPEN: $22 per dog per day

No Payback.

ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN. Only written entries accompanied by check will be accepted. Taking entries until filled.

ENTRIES CLOSE: Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2005. NO REFUNDS AFTER THIS DATE. Checks will be cashed Nov. 3, 2005.

Make checks payable to: Tom Forrester. Mail to Tom Forrester, 288 Hite Lane, Strasburg, VA 22657

(540) 465-2158

Campers welcome; no hook-ups

From Interstate 81, take exit #298 Strasburg, turn onto Rt. 11 South (toward Strasburg), come approx. 100 feet (or less) and turn Left onto Hite Lane (directly across from the Exxon and McDonalds.) Follow the dirt road until the end of state maintenance and turn right into the driveway and follow back until you come to the trial field on the right.

=========================================================================

Nov. 12 and 13, 2005

Owner/Handler Dog Age Sex Class Fee

TOTAL ENCLOSED: $_________________________

I understand that I am responsible for any cost incurred as a result of damages caused by me or my family or any dogs to facilities, animals or persons and that in the event of personal injury, damage to my property or animals, I will not hold the Mt. Pleasant Farm,and/or Tom Forrester, the

owners, operators, employees, workers responsible.

Signature:_____________________________ Date:________________

Address:___________________________________________________________________

Phone Number:_____________________________

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by juliepoudrier:

Stuff posted to sheepdog-L seems to be delayed sometimes. I've pasted it below. Sorry for the odd spacing, but you can copy and paste it into a word processing program and clean it up before you print it out!

J.

MT. PLEASANT FARM SHEEPDOG TRIAL

NOVEMBER 12 and 13, 2005

Can anyone come and watch the trial? I live in Fenton Michigan and would be tempted to come and watch.