BC Boards

My BC died!! What happened????

I'm very sorry for your sudden loss :rolleyes: .

Even without knowing the reasons for his death, I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that it was quick and allowed him to live a full, active, happy life to the very end.

I'm been searching on "intestinal hemorrage" and found something--- eating grass can be a symptom of an intestional obstruction. Maybe this is something you all know already. I guess I had noticed him eating more grass, but always heard that dogs eat grass when it's going to rain (is this bogus??) anyway, it's been raining a lot here, so I didn't think much of it. They eat the grass so that they can get fiber, but at the same time the grass irritates their intestines. I feel terrible that I didn't know this. Does this sound feasible? Would he have other symptoms if he had an obstruction? TIA for any help, you all have already been a great help to me, I love the poems, they make me cry even more. (

I'm so sorry for your loss! How horrible for you and your family.

As for the grass eating - my dogs do eat grass pretty much all the time. But they are selective and will eat only certain types. If there is something wrong, my two will eat ANY grass and that usually tells me they have upset tummy's.

I've been told to watch for attempts at a bowel movement, or restlessness. My girl shows both signs of this when she had a greenie stuck. She passed this on her own, but we watched her carefully.

Dogs can pick things up from grass eating too - fertilizer, week killer, animal droppings, etc. He may have picked up something there?

I hope you find your answers.

Denise

oooh Pappy honey, what a lucky dog to have such a loving family who cares so much for you and how gracious of you to share you short little life with them. Just know, there are soooo many of us who love you, just because you are you!

charlestonchick: My heart breaks for you and your family . We have all been there in that place of pain and despair, so please know you can share any and all of your feelings, questions, emotions etc with us.

Those little fur balls of love bring such joy to us and in time unmeasurable pain.

Remember the happy times and the play times, and celebrate Pappy's short time here on this earthly plain, and think about what lesson(s)

he has brought to your life, if nothing else, for all of us we should learn from this, every day is precious, every moment. If we could live like our dogs do, this world would be a kinder place.

As long as our loved ones are remembered, they are never gone!!!

Bustopher.... wow, what a beautiful poem, made me cry through the whole thing.

:rolleyes:

If grass eating was the problem, most likely the vet would have noted a significant amount of grass in the intestines at the PM. There are many things that can mechaically irritate the gut, but if it was enough to cause an obstruction, the obstruction would probably still be there a the time of postmortenm. In addition, there are generally sypmtoms of GI obstruction LONG before they get into any life-threatening situation. I'd wait til you have the full report from your vet before you get too into beating yourself up about this.

I am so sorry that this happened. It is so sad. Please don't blame yourself. I hope you get some answers even if that doesn't remove the pain. Sounds like your pup had a happy life, albeit it short. He was lucky :rolleyes:

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I could only think of cardiac as well, but then I got to thinking. Do you have any poisonous snakes in your area? A friend of ours recently was bitten by a rattler, but thankfully survived, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes if they are severely allergic to the venom, the aninimal will die before any swelling developes, that you might notice.

In any event. You have our deepest sympathies, for the loss of such a loyal, and loving friend.

Collin & Dianne