BC Boards

Weird Question

So I know a leopard cannot change spots, but can a Border Collie?

I'm sure Zorra's markings are changing slightly. Her tail seems to be getting more black, and she seesms to be getting more ticking on her back. (She's mostly all white except for a small splotch on her hip)

I think it could all be in my imagination, but wondered if their markings were set for life?

Chemukh used to have a white spot in the back of the neck, about the size of a golf ball, but growing up the spot become more and more little. Now there are just a dozen of white hairs and I'm guessing in time they're going to dissapear too.

Ticking will develop in a pup at first. So spots will be growing at that time.

But after that their markings will still change a bit. Dazzle's whole head (on the top) used to be white but now she just has a thin blaze.

he he - you can see madison in my pic here < she's a tri-coloured border. Her back is all black, she's got a nice white belly with tan around the edges, a tan eyebrows and muzzle, her paws are white tiped with a line of black and then pretty tan stockings.

She's just about to turn 7 months and she is shedding out a COMPLETLY different coloured coat. On the back of her neck, top of her head, above her eyes, tops of shoulders and hips the hair colour has changed from black to tan. Her tan is also growing on her belly, and all over her tail.

When she was first born she was all black with little white paws and a little white tipped tail she's changed so much I think we're going to start a betting pool for her final colouration.

Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if she ended up all white w black spots like her mom

Nes.

I got Dal at 7 months and except for his head and behind near his tail he was white. At 15 months he now has spots on his nose & legs and red stripe down his spine. I feel like every time I look he has more dark areas. I think he's developing spots on his hips too.

His mom is a smooth coat and she looks flea bitten after starting out as almost pure white.

Oreo used to have a very wide nose stripe that was white with black spots. As she grew it got narrower and blended into grey.

I've never seen a coat change more than Zoe's, though. She started out tan with a black nose.... and her fur turned sable, sometimes she can look pretty heavily black from the right angle.