BC Boards

? on glucosamine

Tsuter

In one of the threads it was said that the Glucosamine a person takes to renew and rebuild cartilage can be used on the dog in place of the Glucosamine thats in the pet department of a walmart or petsmart etc. etc. Also the Glucosamine thats for a person has 21 mg. of vitamin c ,5mg. zink oxide, 0.7 mg. copper(as Cupric sulfate)1.7 mg.manganese(as manganese sulfate),500mg.Glucosamine HCI and 50mg. of alfalfa(medicago sativa)(leaf), where the Glucosamine for dogs has 500mg plus cort----- in it. Not sure of the spelling. A 20 day supply from the dog department/pet store runs 15 to 30 dollars ,the Glucosamine complex listeded above is 6 dollars. The money matters but only to a point. After an active day or two Pegasus sometimes shows alittle bit of a limb or signs of favoring his front leg that had the OCD surgery 6 or 7 mo. ago. or if he has to slow or pull up to keep from running into a fence or something.

I can use any and all advise I can get. In case its needed Pegasus will be 14 months old tomorrow

I just bought Nupro joint supplement I think it's 30 dollars for 5lbs at active K9 it may even be cheaper other places.

My moms dog Pep is the guy who really needs it.

He ate the powder I spilled on the chair. It's a beef flavor Powder and says it makes gravy. Since my guys are healthy I planned to use about 1/2 of their recommended dosage.

Look on-line for Cosequin (or Cosequin DS for larger dogs). It is THE best glucosamine for dogs. You definitely get what you pay for. Cosequin is/was one of the few pet products that Consumer Lab has tested - it has what it says it has in it, and it is worth the price. The larger the quantity you purchase, the cheaper it is.