BC Boards

Midget border collie

BeezSK

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone else has a pooch as small as mine. She is 10 months old now and was the runt of her litter. She's about 27lbs and stands 16.5" at the shoulder. She's definitely smaller than any of her other female litter mates.

Well, here's one of mine who's 30 lbs and five years old:

Gracecrouchsmaller.jpg

And here's a picture of her at almost exactly 10 months old (the lamb was about 10 lbs):

easter.jpg

One of my earlier dogs was well over a year old when she made it to 30 lbs. She topped out at 34 lbs. It's on the small side, but well within normal limits.

Mine's around 30 lbs. When she was somewhere around one and a half years, she grew some more and got broader and more muscular. Since then she's pretty much stayed the same.

Before:

DSCN0145kl.jpg

After:

2005_1106bildererste0014.jpg

She was also switched from sh*t kibble to raw at the time (note the coat change), so that might have speeded it up, but as far as I know, and as others have said, they all fill out at around that age.

Have fun with her!

That seems to be a little trend. Carlie is packed full of attitude when she is working sheep too! I watched her back down a rather large Hamp. ram using nothing but eye. She never doubted herself and neither have I! The day before I watched a friend's larger male border collie face down the same ram (in a similar situation), lose his nerve, and take a really cheap grip to make him move. I had to snicker that little red-dog Carlie got it done with much less fuss and stress on the sheep, dog and handler! Yea for the "firecrackers"!

Jen, 15 1/2", 18 pounds:

JenStand0805.jpg

Yes, she's purebred - I knew both her sire and dam!

Ann's maybe on the small side of normal, about 20 inches and maybe 35 pounds - nowhere near as teeny as Jen, though - I think I've seen two Border collies EVER as tiny as Jen:

AnnBeccaMay05.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thread resurrection :rolleyes:

Our dog is 15 months old now. She's 17" at the shoulder and actually leaned out a bit she's 26lbs.

We're going to run her in the 16" specials category for agility I think since it probably isn't good for her to compete in the 22" category since that's 5" over her shoulder.

Happy is almost 6 years old and fluxuates between 25-27lbs she's not little though..she is 21" at the whithers, she LOOKS small though because she is always crouching, and her weight does not ive her away lol I remebr it was funny when she actually stood up straight beside the 22.5" Belgian we were staying with in Kelowna, you could see really see how close they were in height lol

Misty is my shrimp, she is 37lbs and 18" at the whithers, when she was younger she was about 25lbs, she did not completly fill out to 37lbs till nearly 3 years old.

That little dog is shorter than Skeeter!

Does he have any other anomalies associated with dwarfism, or is he just small? I can't tell in the head-on view although his head looks a bit short and broad.

Also, what are the odds his owner is interested in sending me some of his DNA?

He takes thyroid medication once a day, and his little forelegs kind of toe-in when he runs but he is surprisingly robust. He also thinks Wick is his mama, and they look freaksihly alike when you see them together (except she has legs).

Here's a nicer shot of his head:

chance_sm.jpg

For the DNA, do you just want a cheek swab? I'm sure we could harvest that for you.