BC Boards

96 degrees and a BC

jeanine

Hi all,

I was wodering if anybody else's dog is having problems when it is very hot.

My 8 month old is having projectile diarea. It must be the heat, this morning we had a early session with the sheep when it was still cool, he pooped solid at around 10am and then has been in and out of the heat for short periods today. Now at 3:45pm(has not eaten anything since this morning) he has the most violent diarea...

I am a being stupid for thinking that the heat has something to do with it, or is that not possible.

Jeanine

Zoey (7 months) does this too. The humidity here can make it feel 100 degrees outside. The other day she had a solid poop, but then an 45 minutes of running and playing at the dog park made her have diarrhea. I have noticed that during play in the warm weather her stools are runny. Once we go home, eat and cool down they are back to normal. I think it is the heat, because this is the only time it happens and her fecals are all normal.

Dublin doesn't have that problem, but he is definitely affected by the heat. He has absolutely NO energy and has no desire to eat. We have been having temps in the high 90's and very, very high humidity this past week and we have both been suffering (the AC is not working and the earliest someone can check it out is tomorrow).

We had agility class last night - the building had AC but it was still warm - and he couldn't remember a single command (not even sit)

I am hoping he returns to normal once the temps go down.

Our 8 month old has been very lethargic now that we have "hot" weather (75 degrees) after the winter months in Alaska. Tuuli also has not been eating much at all.

Some of Alaskan huskies get shaven in the summer months. Would that work with a BC? Any other ideas how to make the pup more comfortable?

Tuuli, Eeva and Jaime