BC Boards

Need your prayers

I just took the kitty to the vet. Her breathing was really labored. They did xrays and her ribcage is malformed. And combined with a full tummy she cant get enough air into her lungs. All I can do is wait and see if she pulls through. The vet said he wouldnt charge me to let her stay overnite. I just cant watch her suffer like that. :rolleyes: Please pray for her. This is so heartbreaking.

Good vibes from me too!

Thank you guys.

God I just wanted to sream at someone to help her. I cant stand the thought that there is nothing I can do. :rolleyes: On the way to the vet I took the side road to get around the light, I had my emergency flashers on and got stuck behind some guy in a jeep. People can be so stupid sometimes. Cant they understand that emergencies are emergencies. Would it have killed him to pull over and let me by. Sorry, Im just so worked up right now. I feel so helpless.

I had a cat once with FIP. I know how tough it is to watch them struggling to breathe. Dolly would literally turn blue and collapse. There's nothing worse than not being able to help. Don't give up hope on her. Cats really are amazing. While you're so worried about her, she's probably worried about you. If she makes it through this spell, is there anything the vet can do for her? Hoping you both come through this ok. Hang tough and keep us posted.

Jordi44,

Tell me about your cat. If she makes it through, how do you manage it? Will she grow out of it when she gets bigger? I dont know anything about it. Her ribcage isnt rounded, it turns in. The vet said that it wasnt uncommon. I wish he would have said somthing yesterday when I was there. Somthing like hey, dont let her eat to much there might be a problem. Uggghhh. I wish I had taken her somwhere else. I just took her to the closest vet because I wanted to get her help as soon as possible. But they havent done anything for her. :rolleyes:

The little one didnt make it though the night.

It just breaks my heart. Sometimes I think life just likes to smack me around, just to see how much I can stand before I break. :rolleyes: I'll sure miss the little girl. For the short time she spent with us, she lit up my heart.

Thank you for everyone's prayers. I heard that Christmas song today about the little girl named Maria that finds a bird with a broken wing. I completely lost it.

"The Gift"

A poor orphan girl named Maria

Was walking to market one day

She stopped for to rest by the roadside

Where a bird with a broken wing lay

A few moments passed till she saw it

For it's feathers were covered with sand

But soon clean and wrapped it was traveling

In the warmth of Maria's small hand

She happily gave her last peso

On a cage made of rushes and twine

She fed it loose corn from the market

and watched it grow stronger with time

Now the Christmas Eve service was coming

And the church shone with tinsel and light

And all of the townfolk brought presents

To lay by the manger that night

There were diamonds and incense

and perfumes

In packages fit for a king

But for one ragged bird in a small cage

Maria had nothing to bring

She waited till just before midnight

So no one would see her go in

And crying she knelt by the manger

For her gift was unworthy of Him

The a voice spoke to her through

the darkness

Maria, what brings you to me

If the bird in the cage is your offering

Open the door, let me see

Though she trembled, she did as he asked her

And out of the cage the bird flew

Soaring up into the rafters

On a wing that had healed good as new

Just then the midnight bells rang out

And the little bird started to sing

A song that no words could recapture

Whose beauty was fit for a king

Now Maria felt blessed just to listen

To that cascade of notes sweet and long

as her offering was lifted to heaven

By the ver first nightengales's song

aw :rolleyes: Im so sorry. Take comfort that her last day was full of love from your family. Isnt it amazing how attached you can become to such a small creature in such short time? Maybe in honor of this small kitty you could adopt another homeless cat. What better way to honor than to save another life? Of course, thats when you and your family are ready.

Prayers said for you guys. Thank you for trying to save the little one.