BC Boards

It may be too soon but I rescued anyway... meet Buddy!

Oscar passed away less than a month ago, and left a huge hole in our hearts.  It may have not been the wisest idea, but when this little guy came up in the Facebook feed of a local rescue, I had to go meet him.  And he has come home with us.  So far so good.  Meet Buddy!  Two and a quarter years old, was taken on by the rescue as a rehabilitation job because he was about to be put down for being too hyper. He is a much more petite boy than my others, but more than holds his own.  He has settled in well and lifted all of our spirits.

IMG_20191006_115226.thumb.jpg.25290101ad76eaa88e40f6ea22ca07e6.jpg

IMG_20191006_115037.thumb.jpg.3dcf7bf30f10a6014c5557dc48b7900c.jpg

1570513839272.thumb.JPEG.edce91cb47aad668011947e07daef99e.JPEG

Technically he is currently on trial, but, well, yeah.

Given that Buddy seems to have just discovered the joys of shoes as chew toys, I would say he is getting quite comfortable!

The first night he jumped on the bed and fell asleep lying on top of me.  I think I am a goner, and he is a keeper.

2 hours ago, Lawgirl said:

Given that Buddy seems to have just discovered the joys of shoes as chew toys, I would say he is getting quite comfortable!

The first night he jumped on the bed and fell asleep lying on top of me.  I think I am a goner, and he is a keeper.

OK, from the description, it sounds like you're suckered. Join the club. My most recent was officially scheduled for euthanasia more than once and the Fates swept in at the last possible minute and somehow I got caught up in their schemes and here we are; best dog I have ever had. 

What a doll - that third pic does show a bit of the devil in him, though - you are going to have FUN with Buddy!!  Congratulations and I hope he starts to fill the void left by your dear Oscar.  Keep us posted!!

Amy

Congratulations! He is a cutie.

As far as the timing, never too soon IMHO. The day I had to say goodby to my epileptic girl (she would have between 9-13 grand mal seizures within a 24 hour period every 3-4weeks), I woke up at 3 am and hopped on the web to start looking at rescue sites and for sale sites. Part of the healing process.

Two months after we lost 15 yo Bob, we adopted Levi.  We weren't looking or expecting to adopt that soon, but Levi was perfect for us.  Totally unlike Bob, and that was a good thing!  We also have a Buddy, now 9.5 yo.  Your Buddy is so cute, I hope he brings you as much happiness as ours did.