BC Boards

Newbie from North Carolina

Thank you for accepting me to your forum : )

I posted as a guest but got long winded so will keep this one “short an sweet” just like our 3 month old BC mix “Rosie”.

Posting a few pictures of her and I appreciate any thoughts on her mix or any helpful comments as she is our first BC after admiring them for years.

We know her legs are a little shorter so some smaller breed mix possibly but that’s about all we know other than she also has bow legs (think it is cute though and no hip displacia : )

Any guesses on her final weight?

BF1412EC-F7E8-4748-AA4B-9E7C6FD52A9F.jpeg

92E315BF-513A-459F-9A9F-938F48DDDE35.jpeg

E7A35075-D754-4987-975F-034E8C0D3255.jpeg

67872F25-CC9B-47D9-B448-DFBB7A9F3A55.jpeg

Welcome to the Boards. Rosie is a cutie.

BTW, hip dysplasia is only definitively diagnosed by Xrays. For OFA Xrays, the dog must be 2 years old IIRC. For PennHip Xrays, puppies as young as Rosie's age can be evaluated, but there are far fewer vets certified to do PennHip Xrays.

I think she will be okay but thank you.

i got our 15 year old chow chow mix back on his feet(vet said he wouldn’t make it past 3 or 4) with a lot of patience holding him up till he quivered everyday and lots of protein & a baby aspirin for his pain.

Drove home a few weeks later & he was up on his own power wagging his tail to greet me : )

i will do whatever is needed : )

65FC7CE4-C325-4882-9411-B0E03007C48A.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Never having had a BC I thought they would deal with the Southern heat & humidity better but Rosie was panting on the steps (yes had water) sitting at the door.

This was her shortly after getting into the a/c lol

Please excuse the dirty carpet but someone is going to wear our vacuum cleaner out!

026DABC7-5C81-4BD2-B376-F30090DE0A86.jpeg

Well after a long run of 100 plus heat indexes it is going down to 78f tomorrow! Woo hoo!

Will have to take Rosie out there for some fetch or a trip to the Park & supervising my work on my old car and see if she handles the temps better.

if not, alway ready to give her breaks & of course the ole chubby belly rubs lol

Thank you everyone for the info and smiles : )