BC Boards

Crate training question

Hello! We've planned our first camping trip since adopting our BC. She's 10 months old now. At home she is crated every single night primarily because I think she'd bug the cats all night if left out and I don't quite trust her not to be destructive... The nights spent away from home she's also been crated. Am I going to undo her crate training if she's allowed to sleep out of the crate with us while camping? Do you think she'll be resistant to her crate when we return home? It's a short trip, just two nights. Thanks! 

How does she behave in the crate? does she settle down right away? If so, then she may be OK, will settle down, and not be a problem. I very much doubt that you will ruin crate training by letting her be in a tent with you for 2 nights. And if the crate has been trained as a good thing - her own den to which she can go to sleep - then there's no reason why two nights away from it would make her resistant to return. If she is currently very resistant to the crate, then the situation is different.

My BC is too new to have been to hotels yet, but the three previous non-BC dogs I've had were always crated at night except that once or twice a year they got to experience Fancy Life in a Hotel, With Big Bouncy Hotel Beds (!), and it never had any consequences for their behavior at home.  I bet you'll be fine :)