BC Boards

Puppy Update!!!

So I’ve posted in this board before about my baby Dougie, with some initial questions on puppyhood and this breed, as it was my first time with one. He’s now 4 months old, and just the sweetest dog ever!!!!  He’s honestly been a little angel so far. He absolutely loves me, he always wants to be near when I’m home. But he does amazing on his own at home while we work, which continues to amaze me. He’s basically potty trained, minus an accident here or there. But even during the work days he doesn’t potty until the dog walker gets there, and then again when I get home! I’m impressed with this boy! He knows sit, stay, and leave it (though at times he feels it’s much more fun to not listen lol). We also just started obedience classes. He’s gentle and kind. Never growls or acts in any aggressive ways, even with my rambunctious five year old. He also barely barks, which living in the suburbs, that’s really nice. Honestly I can’t think of one real negative thing about this pup! He’s a bit mouthy during play I suppose but I also know this is a puppy behavior and we work on correcting that. He only chews on his toys, although there has been a casualty or two of my sons toys. But I blame my son for that lol, shouldn’t leave them out!!! His energy level isn’t too crazy, although I’m told that really doesn’t peak until 6-18 months so we will see what happens at that time. But for now we are so so happy with the sweet pup we adopted! I see why people love this breed!!!! We are trying to have another baby soon, so I am hopeful he does well with a new baby in the home eventually. Anyway, here is a photo of the star of the show, Dougie! 

554875D4-9FCB-42CC-9DB0-01E0120BAD03.jpeg

Maybe it is a tri-colour thing? Our first boy was a tri-colour and he was very much the same way.

Your boy is gorgeous and adorable and you are very lucky to have him.  Enjoy him, but remember that adolescence is yet to come and his behaviour may go backwards when his hormones hit. Hopefully that does not jinx things for you!