BC Boards

BC 8 weeks, one testicle hasn't dropped

Secho

Im buying a BC tomorrow, the only thing is one of his testicles hasn't 'dropped' yet and they tell me that if it doesn't drop the dog won't be able to register his future puppies in the Kennel Club. Its not a major concern not to have the Kennel Authenticity for future puppies, im more concerned about the well being of a dog and the problems it may bring. Im fairly new in the dog world so i haven't encountered this situation before. Ive done some research and the longest it takes is 6-8 months for the testicle to go in its normal place and some never do. Any one got any experience in this subject with BC's? Thanks, Sebastian.

Don't sweat it yet. It could come down or not but just let it be and don't check 100 times a day! If it doesn't he'll need to be neutered due to issues of it remaining in the body cavity. That's a bit pricey compared to a regular neuter.. enjoy your pup!

My youngest dog is proof that a testicle can be retained for six months and still drop normally at that point.  It's rare but it happens.  At 8 weeks I wouldn't be concerned, unless there's a  history of retained testicles in his line.  It might never drop, but it probably will.  If it doesn't, though, he will need surgery to remove it.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:14 PM, Secho said:

...Its not a major concern not to have the Kennel Authenticity for future puppies...

Not sure what you mean by this, but if the testicle doesn't descend he should not be bred even if the other one is viable. This is a heritable condition.

• 1 month later...