BC Boards

Hide and Seek

I know this isn’t a new idea but now that Merlin is ten months old and more into hide and seek I am really surprised at just how much this tires him out! 15/20 mins of this is more exhausting for him than a 40 minute walk or 20 minutes of playing ball. 

Hubby and I take five treats each. One of us goes upstairs and the other downstairs. So Merlin has ten ‘finds’ that he has to do. Despite the fact that we keep hiding in the same places Merlin still seems unable to find us so he goes charging up and down stairs sniffing and looking and listening until we have to give him sound clues lol! 

What a fantastic winter exercise for his brain and body haha! 

Our boy loves this game too!

We've recently taken it outside, one of us will wait with him while the other runs off to hide in the trees. Then the hider recalls with the whistle and off he goes.

We're trying to think of lots of good ways to practice a whistle recall and this is one of our favourites.

My Jester loved this game and it was one of our regular indoor activities. Because my homes were always too small for me to hide effectively, I would instead hide one of his stuffed sheep toys. When he found it, he got rewarded by my throwing it for him to fetch a few times. It was also very entertaining for me to watch him looking for it.

54 minutes ago, D'Elle said:

My Jester loved this game and it was one of our regular indoor activities. Because my homes were always too small for me to hide effectively, I would instead hide one of his stuffed sheep toys. When he found it, he got rewarded by my throwing it for him to fetch a few times. It was also very entertaining for me to watch him looking for it.

Another good idea! Thanks :)