BC Boards

Goodbye Peg

Mark Billadeau

Oh, Mark, I am so sorry to hear of Peg's passing. Funny how I find I always associate certain handlers' and dogs' names, and "Mark and Peg" are one of those pairings that seem forever. She was such a good dog and you two made a great pair. I feel privileged to have known you both, even just a little. I'm glad you had such a good, long run together. 

Thanks everyone.

I recall the first time I met Peg.  It was at a “puppy show” after a day of trialing in the fall at Edgeworth.  Tom brought her out and she ran along in front of everybody watching until she got to me.  I was sitting on the ground and she ran right up to me and flopped over on her side to be petted.  She was 6-7months old.

I was lucky to know Peg for a long time. I really admired not only her work, but her devotion to Mark. Sure, she acknowledged me as the Farm-sitter who spoiled her with extra time to play with her big orange ball and extra food at mealtime, and she was very polite when I played the role of scary lady who did vet work on her or participated in canine spa days (haha). But she really only had eyes for Mark. Peg was a good one, and a hard friend to say goodbye to. She was an awesome farm and trial dog, a true partner! I’m happy you guys have her daughters and grandsons.