BC Boards

I'm doing some trick training now w/Gibbs. Working on 'take a bow' (stretch his front legs out and put his head on the ground) and, separately, putting his front feet on my feet, then taking a couple steps w/me. 

His first walk in the morning is SO VERY EXCITING! (and by this point, he's usually been out to the yard to relieve himself at least 2x, so urgency is not part of the problem.) He tries to 'help' me put on my shoes by rubbing up against my legs to provide encouragement and speed things up a bit. I may, from time to time, speak harshly to him to get him to GO LAY DOWN

This morning he tried a different strategy. First, he did the bow/stretch, right over the shoe I was trying to tie. When I repeated the GO LAY DOWN cue, he promptly put his front feet on my feet. Only one of which had a shoe on it. 

I couldn't help myself, burst into laughter and am laughing about it again as I describe the scene. Gibbs keeps me smilin'.

Ruth & Gibbs

ETA: He just did it again, while I was trying to get my outdoor shoes off and my comfy inside slippers on. No quit in this dog.

Uh, oh. Sounds like he's trying to train you. :D

Speaking of stretches, I've captured and put the double stretch (front then back) on cue for Bodhi as "Do your Yoga." People love it.

Of course, he's turned it into a request for treats. Not at home, mind you, where he knows it won't work, but he'll face me and do Yoga often when we're out doing therapy visits where he know I'm often likely to indulge him. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Clever dogs.

Good job, Gibbs!

1 hour ago, GentleLake said:

Uh, oh. Sounds like he's trying to train you. :D

Yeah. Clever dogs.

Good job, Gibbs!

Oh, we passed the 'trying to train me' landmark many years ago, when I was just about in permanent servitude to 3 of these beasts at the same time. Spoiled me for most other breeds, however.

Ruth and His Royal Highness, who thanks you for the lovely compliment.