BC Boards

Strange change in bowel movements

D'Elle

Can anyone tell me if it is cause for concern if a dog's poop starts having large white areas in it? Food has not been changed, nothing different being fed, dog is acting normal and doesn't have opportunity to pick up anything else to eat....I have not seen this before, and am wondering if I should take to vet or not. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

I was stumped when I first read it yesterday so didn't reply. But this makes perfect sense and having experienced it should've known! One of mine once pooped a longish bright red streak that really scared be till I dissected the stool and found it was a piece of a stuffed toy. :rolleyes: We don't have any plush toys here anymore. They all end up ripped to shreds in a matter of minutes and sometimes bits get eaten.

FYI: If anyone sees a dog swallowing a wad of something inappropriate like this, a vet told me to scoop 2 fingersful (probably only one for a small dog) of petroleum jelly and smear it on the roof of the dog's mouth for them to swallow. It's indigestible but will melt and lubricate whatever it is to help it pass more easily. Worked like a charm for a foster who swallowed a huge hunk of toy stuffing one time.

Glad you were able to figure it out before running to the vet. And especially that it wasn't anything worse and worked itself out without problems.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:58 AM, urge to herd said:

Good news! And yes, many of us add daily poop inspection to our  dog owner routine.

Ruth & Gibbs

I figure one is not paying the right amount of attention of one doesn't!

What cracks me up is that when I am with a group of my Dog People Tribe it is perfectly normal if we end up talking about poop all through lunch.:lol:

1 hour ago, D'Elle said:

I figure one is not paying the right amount of attention of one doesn't!

What cracks me up is that when I am with a group of my Dog People Tribe it is perfectly normal if we end up talking about poop all through lunch.:lol:

Oh, Lordy, YES! I go out w/a group of dog-centric friends from time to time, (only places where we can take our beasties, of course) and we often converse about such intimate and important details whilst having our chopped salads and wine. I have  to refrain from doing the same when I'm in a group of civilians. They don't invite me again.

Ruth & Gibbs