BC Boards

Breeder concerns

This same breeder that I never found the name of in NY is still selling puppies to a broker to sell in my area..

They have temperament issues from being reactive, scared,  and aggressive. In a month, this is the 2nd round of puppies up for sale. 

I never recieved papers when I was told i would(bought him in April or may). Hes supposed to be abca registered. I'm afraid this may be a puppy mill. Anyone willing to find out for me since they refuse to give me any information? 

Heres the latest puppy for sale..

Screenshot_20181126-122015_Facebook.jpg

The ad includes the phrase "Message Storm Haven German Shepherd Dogs".  Storm Haven German Shepherd Dogs has a Facebook page (link below), and the photo you posted for the Border Collie puppy for sale is posted on that page.  The name Lorrie L Leickel - Koch is listed in the photo, and she lives in Leighton, PA .   Is this the breeder or the broker that you mentioned?  

https://www.facebook.com/StormHavenGermanShepherdDogs/ 

nancy

No. She has the pup listed for a "friend". The friend is the broker that buys them from somewhere in ny.

I was told I should just prob let it go, but it upsets me theyre spitting these pups out and selling so many when they seem to have temperament issues. They also say their abca registered,  but no one seems to ever get papers in the mail as promised.

Should I just let it go...?

What else would you do besides  let it go? Currently, puppy mills are not illegal in the U.S. and there isn't anything you can do to shut it down, unless she has more dogs than are allowed by law in her area, or you can somehow prove extreme neglect or abuse.

• 2 weeks later...

you could create a facebook page to try and put the facts out there about this breeder. you could add or follow everyone on the breeder's friends list and eventually, other people with issues will find you. This may be a tad on the stocker side, but hey, someone has to make a stand. If the page grew you could provide links to reputable breeders.

Update!
I finally got his papers in the mail today after 9 months. He looks very inbred, but probably not enough to be against regulations..? His father is also his grandfather..and same with other relatives on both sides of his family. I also got the papers, and the breeder is NOT in NY. They are in gettysburg PA. I'll do some research into them