BC Boards
CptJack

Kiran agility thread

Yay I could see this time!

I loved how absolutely happy Kiran was in the second run.  I mean it was not perfect but you could see he was having so much fun mum!  For a young dog especially.  That means more to me than a perfect run.

Just now, Lawgirl said:

Yay I could see this time!

I loved how absolutely happy Kiran was in the second run.  I mean it was not perfect but you could see he was having so much fun mum!  For a young dog especially.  That means more to me than a perfect run.

Oh thank goodness!

And yeah, I don't much care about perfect, especially with him.  I want more happy confidence in the ring, and that's about ALL I will care about for at least 6 months.  At little less trying to be good and a little more yay. 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, CptJack said:

I want more happy confidence in the ring, and that's about ALL I will care about for at least 6 months.  At little less trying to be good and a little more yay. 

Seems to me you got your 'happy confidence' and then some ~ he's looking pretty darn confident in that pic.

Ruth & Gibbs

8 minutes ago, urge to herd said:

Seems to me you got your 'happy confidence' and then some ~ he's looking pretty darn confident in that pic.

Ruth & Gibbs

Mostly!  He wasn't stressed out or concerned about the environment.  He just still has a whole lot of 'is this right? ' checking in.  (What he's looking at in the picture is me) .  It's largely a function of being very green.   I will miss the heck out of those check ins and being careful in a year or so! 

And. Thanks everyone. Irene (photographer) does a wickedly good job.

Tiny clip from today, but he's developing some obstacle focus and  independence, to balance the handler focus.  

I also think he's going to be awfully close to done with novice before he's 2. 

yep, Jumpers and Tunnelers titles today.  Still needs 1 weavers, 2 T'n'G and me to enter him in chances at all but.  He's damn close to done with Novice.  Remove chances and one more trial will do it.  Probably 2 more with chances.  3 at a stretch. 

So.  About 2. 

Congratulations! Kiran is really developing.

I find it interesting that you have a tunnel under an obstacle in novice.  Here in Australia, they usually say that that is too difficult for a novice dog, and they don't do it until excellent level courses.  I don't think I have had a competition course with a tunnel under an obstacle.

NADAC is really big on discriminations like that - it's rare for a course not to have one or two, even in novice.  It is definitely hard and sometimes bites even elite dogs in the butt, but mostly they learn what they need fairly quickly.  That clip I showed is the only one he missed (out of 4) all weekend.  So, that's nice. 

In general though, I agree: It's HARD and now I want to move :P

Here's a video of the whole course - with Kylie running it. 

This is a games class - so no weaves or jumps and also the only difference for levels is that lower levels have more time to complete it.

The embedded video worked for me first try this time.  That is a nice course.  I am not sure which one my Oscar would go for.  He does not normally have "tunnel suck" but "a-frame suck" or "scramble suck" (not sure what you call it).  I think it is because I taught him his contacts on it, and he got LOTS of treats when I was training them so he loves that obstacle and chooses it preferentially every time.  The dog walk is less of an attraction for him.

I think my second competition with Oscar one judge placed two tunnels with entries next to each other in novice, both curving in the same direction, and that was very difficult.  I think nearly everyone DQ'd.

It was a very nice once, which is nice since we got that damn course set two trials in a row, in the same rough geographical area which really shouldn't (and doesn't) happen.

I HATE those tunnel/tunnel discriminations.  They are BRUTAL.  I'm much better with contact/tunnel or jump/jump.

The rest of the video - Every other one's Kylie, but.  I'll want to look back on this later.

21 hours ago, Lawgirl said:

Kiran still rocking his pretty tail I see!

All 3 of the agility dogs and I currently have some purple happening :P This time with veggie dye, rather than just food dye, so. Purple'll be around a bit (I make my own fun).

Kiran's been doing private lessons.  He had one this morning. 

Sometimes, it's hard to see the BC in him, but there's quite a bit of it present in his behavior and, honestly, even in his build from most angles - more so than ACD anyway.  The past couple of private lessons I'm running into the ACD bits fairly solidly.

By which I mean: We're doing discriminations.  He doesn't like the tunnels as much as the A-frame.  When I handle in such a way as to pressure his path successfully enough that it is the obvious option and he can't get to the A-frame without flattening me...

HE SITS DOWN AND STARES AT ME rather than taking the bloody tunnel that he is not only in front of, but often so close to he is touching it.

Really, Kiran? really?

Has he got the ACD stink eye down yet?  That look that lets you know he is infinitely unimpressed?

On 2/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, Lawgirl said:

Has he got the ACD stink eye down yet?  That look that lets you know he is infinitely unimpressed?

He mostly just seems to look mildly betrayed.

3MO7oQv0lqtRaJqyrSEuaT.jpg

Most boring brag you'll likely ever see, but from Mr. Arousal, Lord of Loud, this is pretty impressive stuff.  

(9 hours at a seminar today. We're both beat)

That is impressive to me!  Oscar would not be that calm.  Oscar may not be reactive, but he would be far more alert in that situation.  He gets so exhausted at a trial because he does not really relax.

2rnpmCXsHsWTz8xPNJu622.jpg  

This was him all the way home.  He was pretty darned tired!   But he has learned to chill out around agilitiy/in agility settings.  Can't and won't in a crate unless it's in the van, can't do it at disc events period, but I think we'll get there.  He didn't used to manage at agility either, so.  We'll see.  I'm hopeful - and proud -especially since he still turned on and lit up     when it was his turn to work.