BC Boards

Thank you and leashes

Firstly, I thought you might like to see how Merlin is doing. He’s five months, 33lb and has crazy big legs haha! I think this will be the last cuddle he has with me holding him lol!

Also, i’ve decided to ditch the flexi. He walks fairly well but when I need to get fast control (he still gets excited by some things) the flexi is cumbersome. It’s also not comfy to hold. 

I love our Ruff Wear leash. It’s so nice to hold, it has a stretchy section to take tension out and can be used as a regular or hands free leash. It’s long enough for him to get into the bushes for a sniff but I can easily and quickly get him walking closer to me when I need to.

I hope you like the picture :)

8599AD51-1797-45FB-A401-33867F3E73AA.jpeg

Have you been adding something special to his food? He's HUGE! And I don't mean overweight, I mean long legs, BIG feet, and just . . . everything! 

Adorbs ~ love the grin on your face, too!

Ruth & Gibbs

PS - looking into that Ruff Wear leash, I like the sound of that.

PPS - just noticed that the white on his head/face/muzzle is almost symmetrical. He's going to be even MORE appealing as a grown-up.

Lol! I feed him Acana Large breed puppy or all stages lamb. He gets chews like bully sticks but the only human food I give him are bits of raw carrot, cucumber, blackberries (just a few a day on our walk) and occasionally a raw egg. 

And yes he is very symmetrical. I was asked if that was why I chose him. I didn’t even notice until after i chose him. He just had ‘pick me’ written all over him :)

He was also the only boy in the litter.

4 hours ago, Rush Fan said:

What a handsome boy! Are you sure your scale is correct? Lol. He sure looks bigger than 33 lbs! 

Yes scales correct haha! I’m not sure what the calculation is to determine likely adult weight at this five months mark. The vet thinks he will be 60lb but that seems a lot. 

I actually have three boys who are all about that size (i.e. 60lbs full grown)  So long as his body condition is good, then he will just be a bigger BC.  I like having the longer legs and body, as I can reach out and pat a head when my boys sit next to me without having to lean over or down.

He is a beautiful boy!  I think the way his white blaze narrows and widens makes him look like he is suspicious of everything, but it gives him so much character.