BC Boards

Meet my new little guy

Hey guys. 

This is franklin my 8 week old 3/4 border 1/4 springer little buddy. I’ve had a borador and half golden half border before so I’m not entirely new to these pups. Franklin is super friendly with people and definitely Hyper especially in the morning lol.  He’s still getting used to the concept of a leash and going for a walk. 

67F438F5-D165-4AF5-821E-358D47539842.jpeg

FBE56486-3197-4426-BC8B-E0CFD11E7C41.jpeg

3756E12F-AC91-4872-BE84-92E28AE6CB72.jpeg

E145A1AA-5481-46EC-BE84-2F28E873EADF.jpeg

E35E0091-2188-4113-AF42-883DE1620397.jpeg

Welcome to the Boards and congrats on the new pup.

He's gorgeous. I get sooo many ppl asking if my (dark) red border collie is a springer mix. You'll actually have to say yes when you get the question. LOL I can see it in Franklin's ear set, but Bodhi has fully pricked ears, not springer looking at all.

Yeah a lot of people see the springer first but he has all border mannerisms. I had to teach him how to play with this big ball toy because he kept trying to herd it and not roll it lol. He was at my moms the other day and herded her dachshund back into the yard when she tried to go in the street. 

Hi GoState11, Great pup and like his name too. My pup is four months old this weekend and I initially had trouble like this. Whenever I put the lead on he would drop to the floor and not move. It just took patience and gentle persuasion. I would dangle a treat he liked in front of his nose and eventually he would move forward to get the treat. Only one or two steps at the beginning but just kept trying and he got better and better. Now walks on lead no problem. By the way I got Dudley at 10 weeks so take your time and I am sure it will come along fine.

Hope this helps and enjoy Franklin.

Brian