BC Boards

Just because....

I adore mismatched ears! S/he's adorable.  :wub:

Agree w/ the rest that the leg looks fine, assuming you're talking about the look of the wrist and not the fact that it, too, is mismatched. I've seen far more mismatched markings that I think are cool. The variation in border collie markings has always been very appealing to me.

Great shot!

I think Wonky looking is a good thing when it comes dogs! Nothing wrong with a bit of individuality. ^_^

If you meant that you are worried about the leg structurally, I would try holding each of his legs in either of your hands simultaneously to make sure they feel similar to each other as far where the joints and bends are and how they feel. I know this is probably easier said than done!

Agree with the 'cuter than anything' responses! Her leg ~ run your hand over the 'wonky' leg then over the other front leg. It's sometimes easier to 'feel' something than to see it, especially with the strong color difference. 

And pay attention to her gait, how she walks. These two things will tell you more than how it looks about whether or not there's an issue.

And there's nothing wrong w/asking the vet the next time you're there.

Ruth & Gibbs

9 hours ago, jami74 said:

He's doing funny growing things at the moment, looking different each time he wakes up, with prominent bones/joints and lots of excess skin.

I think we need to examine this very carefully with lots of photographs ;). 

Beautiful!   The wonky white leg could just be the way it's marked as others suggest but as also suggested it's worth just keeping a close eye and getting it checked out.  I made my first post earlier in reply to a thread about wonky front legs turning inwards that's maybe worth a look?

Also speaking of "wonky" the first two photos were the sole reason I clicked on the advert my daughter sent me with our now youngest BC when he was placed for sale.  Think they must have given him the first and most furious brushing of his entire little life and it just made him look so weird I went "What... WHAT'S THAT??" and until we met him, poor lad was dubbed "Wonky nosed block faced minecraft dog"  :D

If he didn't look so weird in that advert I'd never have opened up his ad just to see the enlarged pic and then realised he was the little lad of our dreams.  Grew into himself then he's not wonky anymore but I did like that little odd face wonky marking and little pink spot he had (also since disappeared)

Fleet1.jpg

Fleet.jpg

Fleet mlemelm.jpg

Fleet legs.jpg

Ooh Parley, that is a funny mane he's got! But what beautiful ears!

My little boy doesn't stay still for long enough to take nice photos, they all end up a bit blurry. He was on his way up from a playful bow in this one, ears opposite position to the previous picture taken a few days ago. Sometimes they both stick up and meet in the middle.

844969930_Jup2.jpg.77c5987ad49c74008d11175421305aaf.jpg