BC Boards

Guess the weight

15 hours ago, ShellyF said:

Our pup had his 16 week check up today. He weighs 27lb and is certainly tracking above the line for an above average weight of BC. Our vet says he will probably be a 60lb adult male - not chunky but very tall. 60lb seems a lot doesn’t it???

Wow! That is a good 7lb heavier than ours. Our little boy was one of the smallest in his litter but not knowing any other collie puppies I have nothing to compare him too.

Your boy is beautiful. Our boys ears have also both dropped now, although every so often one sticks up. He also seems to have huge 'knees', hoping that isn't a sign of future problems.

Hope you don't mind if I post a pic of our pup.

Jupiter.jpg.249675e273f755fc8e3fad1802995543.jpg

On 8/10/2018 at 12:30 PM, jami74 said:

Wow! That is a good 7lb heavier than ours. Our little boy was one of the smallest in his litter but not knowing any other collie puppies I have nothing to compare him too.

Your boy is beautiful. Our boys ears have also both dropped now, although every so often one sticks up. He also seems to have huge 'knees', hoping that isn't a sign of future problems.

Hope you don't mind if I post a pic of our pup.

Jupiter.jpg.249675e273f755fc8e3fad1802995543.jpg

Such gorgeous puppies you both have! My Mancer is only 29 lbs at 18 months now. Of course females are typically smaller, but it seems that BCs come in a very wide range of sizes. Also, Mancer's ears were mostly floppy as a pup, with the occasional one up, one down look which was so cute. I was hoping they would always be that way, but these days when something catches her attention they both go up.