BC Boards

I was watching a video the other day of dogs doing flyball at Crufts. I like watching the Crufts flyball and agility; so many different dogs, from so many different places. But, I made the mistake of scrolling down, to be met with "poor dogs" and "Y R dey making the dogs do dat it's not good for them they're working them too hard" comments. 

I looked back up and watched a BC being held back, waiting for its run, barking, lunging, and when released, took off like a shot. Yep. Totally being forced to run. (Sarcasm.)

It made me think back to last june, when I was at a dog event and they were doing a herding demonstration. We, the audience, and the handler and his dog, were at the bottom of what I can only describe as a steep ass hill. A LONG steep ass hill. Waaaaaay up at the top were the sheep. And it was hot as heck. But that wasn't a problem for Meg the Border Collie. She glided up that hill and brought the sheep down nice and easy, no sweat. After the demonstration she hopped in a nearby stream, all smiles. Happiest dog I ever saw. 

I'd love to hear what those commentors would have to say about "poor" Meg being worked "so hard." I can't help but imagine these people typing away their "poor dogs" comments with obese and very bored dogs lying on their sofas beside them. 

Opinions formed in ignorence are best kept in the solitude of one's own mind. 

On 7/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, Baderpadordercollie said:

Opinions formed in ignorence are best kept in the solitude of one's own mind. 

This.  A thousand times this.  Beautifully said.

I've read some absolutely amazing stuff from people whose issue was with poor dogs forced to herd those sheep... FORCED!!!!  

Also dogs your little lady FORCED to jump for big air after a Frisbee and have lots of fun and exercise and.. well it's a disgrace they should not be made to have fun and be well loved and trained and kept fit and active.  You - a disgrace.  A DISGRACE!

"Dogz r been like forced to chase and attack dem sheep innit m8 no fair"

Not much I can say other than "Go away and don't come back until you have learned to spell...and you are no longer stupid.  Go on - shoo!!"

Then again members of my own family - my actual real life relatives of the male variety told me my dogs were "mental" because "What's with that mental thing where they proper stare and crouch down and creep... look - LOOK AT IT!!!  Mental those dogs why don't you stop them doing that they look right pillocks?"

This is the one whose dog I took off him then retrained on a whistle for confidence and he told me to stop faffing about with and just tell her what to do "TELL HER what you whistling and messing for?"

That's not just ignorance but someone stupid almost beyond the realms of the possible and never will they even realise it.  

Just face palm / sigh and "Yeah they're mental....I'll try and do something about that creeping / staring thing"

collie.jpg

Someone needs to do something about this... as if you're here openly admitting - ADMITTING to making that poor girl's life a misery.

You force her to sleep on your pillow too?  I'm...  I'm just lost for words.  Thought you were better than that.

Least mine are allowed to bring their own pain and misery as they see fit.  Puddi is especially good at making herself look unloved and abused.  Curls up on the most pathetic looking thing and spent ages pawing and trying to get comfy on a crinkly freezer bag once.  Both of them - pretty much full roam of the house within reason - their own beds, old duvets / sheets and a huge sodding 4-seater sofa they can hop on and off if they like but oh no...

Here's Pud sleeping on my son's woolen beanie hat he'd put in front of the machine for washing.   Spent ages trying to curl herself up tightly enough to fit on the beanie without having to touch those ghastly ceramic floor tiles ^_^

Had to eventually settle for a bit of hat, little bit of an old jumper and a corner of a really old mat I used to have at the back door :(

Nobody loves puddi.jpg